JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Wow!!.. Can't wait to see the rest of the Brake kit...:thumbsup:
After it's installed please let us know how much further the pedal travels to the floor when pressing the brakes... since it looks like there is more piston surface area that will displace more fluid. might be a opportunity to install the larger Type R master cylinder to get some pedal travel back:hmm:

REDRAGN53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Civic now..
Any info on a Type R master cyl install? The part itself is cheap so if it fits it will be a great upgrade.

@360glitch looking good...what size rotors are you going with? Wheel/tire setup?

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow!!.. Can't wait to see the rest of the Brake kit...:thumbsup:
After it's installed please let us know how much further the pedal travels to the floor when pressing the brakes... since it looks like there is more piston surface area that will displace more fluid. might be a opportunity to install the larger Type R master cylinder to get some pedal travel back:hmm:
Any info on a Type R master cyl install? The part itself is cheap so if it fits it will be a great upgrade.

@360glitch looking good...what size rotors are you going with? Wheel/tire setup?
I'll be using a pair of 12.6" drilled one piece rotors. Bigger than Si but smaller than R. A larger custom 2 piece rotor was available but as you'd expect it had a larger custom price and I didn't feel it was necessary for my application.

I am not expecting to need the Type R master cylinder but it's nice to have the option in case a need arises. If all goes as planned I'll have a completed install in 2 days time.

I will still be using my OEM 18" Sport wheels, wrapped in a set of Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 245/40R18. There is a possibility that these calipers would not fit with OEM wheels due to the offset but I am running a set of 15mm spacers already that should take care of that.

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
Very nice!

Also, do you have a picture of the Firehawks installed on the stock wheels? Was considering the same size and spacer so I am curious what it looks like.

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very nice!

Also, do you have a picture of the Firehawks installed on the stock wheels? Was considering the same size and spacer so I am curious what it looks like.
Let me know if this one from the alignment shop is helpful.

Honda Civic 10th gen Brembo BBK Mail Day IMG_0754.JPG

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
Yeah thanks it looks good, like it should have come with a 245 factory haha.

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Let me know if this one from the alignment shop is helpful.

IMG_0754.JPG
This tire size will fit without the spacers correct? Spacers are there for the calipers.......

Also how do you like the 500's vs the OEM conti's? Big difference? thanks

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This tire size will fit without the spacers correct? Spacers are there for the calipers.......

Also how do you like the 500's vs the OEM conti's? Big difference? thanks
Yes these did fit without spacers. I put the spacers on for looks, they may or may not be required for the calipers. Will know once I get them installed... later today hopefully.

I never drove on the OEM tires. I knew I wanted a summer tire so I had them swapped before I left the dealership.

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
Those firehawks are good tires and a strong value, apologies to get off topic.

Have them on my 17 hatch and 08 hybrid sedan. I had sumitomo htz 3's on my hybrid prior so I can only compare with that. They seem to grip and communicate a lot nicer based on my experience with street driving. Its not a loud tire and I like the treadware rating. it is probably a good alternative to the super sports, if not cheaper.

Also they remind me a lot of the bridgestone re-11's in looks and the way they handle. It is my hope that they will be a similarly effective track tire, given it is much newer, and how affordable they are. Too bad there is no real Re-11 successor given how well rounded that tire is.

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Yes these did fit without spacers. I put the spacers on for looks, they may or may not be required for the calipers. Will know once I get them installed... later today hopefully.

I never drove on the OEM tires. I knew I wanted a summer tire so I had them swapped before I left the dealership.
Hi, any impressions yet following installation? Please also post pictures when you can. I wonder if these will clear the stock 17" rims.

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi, any impressions yet following installation? Please also post pictures when you can. I wonder if these will clear the stock 17" rims.
Still wrapping things up. One thing I have learned so far is the the OEM Sport 18" wheels with 15mm spacers still won't fit over these due to the offset. I had to bump it up to a 20mm spacer. I will likely be replacing the wheels soon. I love the way they look but hate how heavy they are. Here are a few pictures:

Honda Civic 10th gen Brembo BBK Mail Day IMG_1146.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Brembo BBK Mail Day IMG_1143.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Brembo BBK Mail Day IMG_1142.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Brembo BBK Mail Day IMG_1149.JPG

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Still wrapping things up. One thing I have learned so far is the the OEM Sport 18" wheels with 15mm spacers still won't fit over these due to the offset. I had to bump it up to a 20mm spacer. I will likely be replacing the wheels soon. I love the way they look but hate how heavy they are. Here are a few pictures:

IMG_1146.JPG

IMG_1143.JPG

IMG_1142.JPG

IMG_1149.JPG
Hey man, love the set-up! Looking to do the front swap like this on my 17 Si coupe, got a link to those or part numbers? Did they have red Brembo's that will fit the OEM Si front size? Thanks in advance and looks great dude!

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I do not have part numbers on hand but @Performance Brakes LTD can take care of you. I expect you would need spacers with the OEM Si wheels as well. From what I can tell they are very similar to the OEM Sport wheels.
Sponsored