Pe0plez

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
I just wanna be sure before I spend $1,100 on some brakes.

Option #1: Brembo BBK from SlickFab

Option #2: 4 Piston Wilwood from TSP

I want to go with option #1 as I like to look of the bigger Brembos better than the Wilwoods. Plus don't the Wilwoods look a little strange since they don't use all of rotor? My only issue is the fitment with my wheels. I have the Enkei T6S 18x8.5 +35s. Slickfab's website isn't able to offer exact wheel fitment but they do mention that the Brembos stick out 1.1in or 28mm further than stock calipers. See pics below of my measurements.

Has anyone had any clearance issues with similar wheels and specs? Do ya'll think they'll fit? Should I just fork up the cash for the 27Won brakes even though they're a bit overkill for my needs?

Honda Civic 10th gen Brembo BBK... Fitment Opinions? 20220516_211618
Honda Civic 10th gen Brembo BBK... Fitment Opinions? 20220516_211746
Honda Civic 10th gen Brembo BBK... Fitment Opinions? 20220516_211934
Honda Civic 10th gen Brembo BBK... Fitment Opinions? 20220516_212038
Honda Civic 10th gen Brembo BBK... Fitment Opinions? 20220516_212109

Last edited:

Gavin_Danitz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
My Brembos work great but clearance is the biggest issue. Im running a 18x9.5 +40 and the wheel has very flat face but there's still only a few mm of clearance. The Wilwoods shouldn't be an issue and it's plenty of stopping power. A BBK really isn't even necessary unless you're on the track.

OP
OP
Pe0plez

Pe0plez

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My Brembos work great but clearance is the biggest issue. Im running a 18x9.5 +40 and the wheel has very flat face but there's still only a few mm of clearance. The Wilwoods shouldn't be an issue and it's plenty of stopping power. A BBK really isn't even necessary unless you're on the track.
The only issue I have with the Wilwoods is how they don't utilize the entire rotor. I wonder if it makes them look strange after some miles. I'm not able to find many pictures.

I know they're not necessary for daily/street driving, but I've always liked the look of them.

Jimmou

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just be ready for a wait if you go with Slickfab. I put my order in two months ago and still haven't gotten anything...

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

jaybuckets

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
second that wait warning if you decide to order from slickfab, i ordered the Acura RL kit thru him and it took several months for it to come in...didn't matter to me but if time is of the essence to you then you might wanna take that into consideration. also, if you're pricing the genesis brembo kit at $1100, i'd just order an established kit from a reputable company at that point. the genesis brembos are huge and don't use a bracket to mount to the hub which makes them even harder to accommodate under wheels. to me the whole point of these frankenstein-style BBKs is so you can save some bread but once you get over $1k for a kit like this it becomes a toss-up IMO

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
Wilwood 12.6 with the 4 pot superlight calipers shave a little more than 4lbs per corner of unsprung weight if that helps you decide. If looks are your only concern buy covers 🤪

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure about the other manufacturers, but 27won offers a printable cutout with which to check clearance on your rims.
Honda Civic 10th gen Brembo BBK... Fitment Opinions? 0D7455A9-7ADF-4692-AEEC-9B12ECBBF806
Honda Civic 10th gen Brembo BBK... Fitment Opinions? 800CDDAE-B371-4E47-8554-6966BC114A07
Honda Civic 10th gen Brembo BBK... Fitment Opinions? 63B7AFF7-1970-4128-A70F-5394E70349F6

OP
OP
Pe0plez

Pe0plez

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think I'm going to go with the WilWo
Not sure about the other manufacturers, but 27won offers a printable cutout with which to check clearance on your rims.
0D7455A9-7ADF-4692-AEEC-9B12ECBBF806.jpeg
800CDDAE-B371-4E47-8554-6966BC114A07.jpeg
63B7AFF7-1970-4128-A70F-5394E70349F6.jpeg
Slickfab unfortunately does not since they're a mix of Rotors and calipers. That would be super helpful though! I'm gonna hit up TSP and see if they have a similar thing for their Wilwoods.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
The only issue I have with the Wilwoods is how they don't utilize the entire rotor. I wonder if it makes them look strange after some miles. I'm not able to find many pictures.

I know they're not necessary for daily/street driving, but I've always liked the look of them.
Here is a great example of what to expect the rotors to look like after the pads have worn the coating off the contact area with the Wilwood 4 piston kit:

Honda Civic 10th gen Brembo BBK... Fitment Opinions? 1652844991708

This of course is a black coated rotor. The silver coated rotor would not be as bold. The good thing here is that the coating prevents any rust from forming there, I've seen that issue with other oversized rotors that were not coated.

I ran a Genesis Brembo kit on my Si "back in the day" and had major wheel fitment issues. Based on the information you provided, I do think there is a chance your wheels would fit with the Brembo calipers. I'm not sure anyone will be able to promise you anything.

Our 4 piston Wilwood kits are a great option for the price point. The 27WON kit is designed from the ground up for the 10th gen Civic which is awesome, we are proud to have recently added those to our catalog. Last but not least, we have had numerous happy customers with the Wilwood 6 piston kits. Lots of great options available at TSP. We have some 27WON kits in stock right now with a restock expected in 1-2 weeks. The 4 piston Wilwood kits typically ship within one week. The 6 piston Wilwood kits typically ship immediately. :thumbsup:

I think I'm going to go with the WilWo

Slickfab unfortunately does not since they're a mix of Rotors and calipers. That would be super helpful though! I'm gonna hit up TSP and see if they have a similar thing for their Wilwoods.
Sadly there is no wheel fitment template available for the 4 piston Wilwood kit. There is one for the 6 piston Wilwood kit. Really glad that 27WON offers one as well!

OP
OP
Pe0plez

Pe0plez

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here is a great example of what to expect the rotors to look like after the pads have worn the coating off the contact area with the Wilwood 4 piston kit:

1652844991708.png

This of course is a black coated rotor. The silver coated rotor would not be as bold. The good thing here is that the coating prevents any rust from forming there, I've seen that issue with other oversized rotors that were not coated.

I ran a Genesis Brembo kit on my Si "back in the day" and had major wheel fitment issues. Based on the information you provided, I do think there is a chance your wheels would fit with the Brembo calipers. I'm not sure anyone will be able to promise you anything.

Our 4 piston Wilwood kits are a great option for the price point. The 27WON kit is designed from the ground up for the 10th gen Civic which is awesome, we are proud to have recently added those to our catalog. Last but not least, we have had numerous happy customers with the Wilwood 6 piston kits. Lots of great options available at TSP. We have some 27WON kits in stock right now with a restock expected in 1-2 weeks. The 4 piston Wilwood kits typically ship within one week. The 6 piston Wilwood kits typically ship immediately. :thumbsup:

Sadly there is no wheel fitment template available for the 4 piston Wilwood kit. There is one for the 6 piston Wilwood kit. Really glad that 27WON offers one as well!
This actually doesn't look bad with the black coating! I think I will most likely go with the 4 Piston Option. I emailed you via your website to see if any sort of fitment/clearance template is available so I'll wait for a response there. I just want to be sure whatever I do buy will fit.

I figured no one would be able to give me an exact fitment answer for the brembos but you never know!

Thanks for the reply!

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This actually doesn't look bad with the black coating! I think I will most likely go with the 4 Piston Option. I emailed you via your website to see if any sort of fitment/clearance template is available so I'll wait for a response there. I just want to be sure whatever I do buy will fit.

I figured no one would be able to give me an exact fitment answer for the brembos but you never know!

Thanks for the reply!
I have 100% confidence that your wheels would fit with the Wilwood 4 piston kit. My logic is as follows... the factory Sports / Si wheels are 8" wide with a 55mm off set. A 20mm spacer gives ample clearance with those wheels.

Your wheels are a half inch wider (6.35mm in your favor) and the 35mm offset gives you another 20mm to the good. That puts you at 26.35mm more clearance than the factory Sport/Si wheels assuming the spoke clearance is the same on both wheels. The spoke clearance will not be exactly the same, however, I would expect the T6S spoke clearance to be superior than the factory wheels. Sadly, a fitment template is not available. I do agree that would make things easier!

No pressure of course, take your time and make the decision that makes the most sense for your build. :drive:

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
OP
OP
Pe0plez

Pe0plez

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have 100% confidence that your wheels would fit with the Wilwood 4 piston kit. My logic is as follows... the factory Sports / Si wheels are 8" wide with a 55mm off set. A 20mm spacer gives ample clearance with those wheels.

Your wheels are a half inch wider (6.35mm in your favor) and the 35mm offset gives you another 20mm to the good. That puts you at 26.35mm more clearance than the factory Sport/Si wheels assuming the spoke clearance is the same on both wheels. The spoke clearance will not be exactly the same, however, I would expect the T6S spoke clearance to be superior than the factory wheels. Sadly, a fitment template is not available. I do agree that would make things easier!

No pressure of course, take your time and make the decision that makes the most sense for your build. :drive:
I've finally decided to go with the 4 Piston Wilwoods, one more question though. I want to get new pads + rotors so my rears can sort of match my fronts. Do you have any recommendations for some good street pads and slotted rotors? One from your site would make ordering a bit easier ;)

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've finally decided to go with the 4 Piston Wilwoods, one more question though. I want to get new pads + rotors so my rears can sort of match my fronts. Do you have any recommendations for some good street pads and slotted rotors? One from your site would make ordering a bit easier ;)
Great!

The Powerstop Z23 kit is the most popular pad/rotor kit that we sell and everyone always speaks highly of it. It is available as a front kit, rear kit, or front & rear. The rear kit would pair well with any BBK. I also like to paint the rear calipers to match whatever color you go with on the front. :cool:
Sponsored