First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2024 Ford Maverick
Country flag
Wait, there's cruise control???

Heh, joking of course, but I've never used it. I don't think I've used cruise control on the last three cars I've had. Don't drive long boring stretches of road any more I guess!

For those that have used it, how is it on the CTR?

I use it all the time. Hit the set button in any gear and it will stay within +- 1 mph. Do not use the following (ACC) and never will. Unless it's someone you know why would you ever activate that. Try paying better attention to what is happening around you!
Sponsored

OP
OP
CTRookie

CTRookie

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
According to the manual

You've broken in the motor if it's at 600 miles already. Go and enjoy ;)
Wow, thanks for that! This is a great community, thanks all!
1000 miles - alternate rpm's up to 4k - also just read through the manual, the important bits - it even has a section on recommended breakin if I'm not mistaken. Honestly you're probably fine after 500 and if you're getting that garage queen 17 then I wouldn't worry too much as it's probably been babied and broken in properly for that 600.
You were totally right. Just picked up the garage queen, even had a cover and I was totally not ready, for this car. The first 40 miles OMG, will start another thread.

Honda Civic 10th gen Break in Period- FK8 20211113_203526

Honda Civic 10th gen Break in Period- FK8 20211113_203112

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Was just about to post this. What's this 1,000 miles thing? Y'all waited like two gas tanks longer than you had to.

Just hit 600 today and gunned it. Didn't disappoint.
Manual specifically states 600 miles or 1000 kilometers, so I think that's where the 1000 confusion might have stemmed from.

Wait, there's cruise control???

Heh, joking of course, but I've never used it. I don't think I've used cruise control on the last three cars I've had. Don't drive long boring stretches of road any more I guess!

For those that have used it, how is it on the CTR?
I've used cruise control once or twice. It does what it's supposed to do; keeps speed. I personally don't like using cruise control since I like to coast to slow down so in order to do that I'd either have to tap the brakes or turn it off every time I want to coast which is somewhat annoying. Maybe I could get used to it, but I rarely use it.

2020+ models do get adaptive cruise control which probably is more ideal for what I'd want as it'll drop down to like 20 MPH or so on its own and speed up with traffic. Still not super useful in stop and go traffic if that 20 MPH number is true (automatic transmissions will come to a stop and start going again). If you add lane keep assist the car kind of drives itself for long stretches of expressway/highway driving.

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The manual states 600 miles, but I had extended it to 1,000 miles (not km) when I picked up my S2000 in 2003 and CTR last year.

The extra breathing room was just for good measure, and 1,000 is as nice a round number as any.

And don't rush to change the fluids to let the break-in oil do its thing.

ArturCTR

First Name
Artur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic type R
Country flag
First autocross with 120 miles on the clock. Redlined straight from the dealer. Car run great

CtrlAltElite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Civic Type R
Country flag
I took mine on a road trip after I had ~250 miles on it. I tried to vary the RPMs, bouncing between 4th, 5th and 6th for about 10 minutes. I hope I broke it in properly enough.

I've racked up almost 3.5k miles in the 2 months I've had my car. I almost feel bad for putting so many miles on her already but I bought the thing to drive and I really shouldn't care.

OP
OP
CTRookie

CTRookie

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I took mine on a road trip after I had ~250 miles on it. I tried to vary the RPMs, bouncing between 4th, 5th and 6th for about 10 minutes. I hope I broke it in properly enough.

I've racked up almost 3.5k miles in the 2 months I've had my car. I almost feel bad for putting so many miles on her already but I bought the thing to drive and I really shouldn't care.
Its a an excellent drivers car. Enjoy it! Learning this car has been an experience unique. Moving through the gears, listening to the sounds, finding grip etc. it's been all great so far. Really satisfied with it. The dealer had to replace a rim and new tires on it, but now she's running smooth as she should be :0)

Yomny

First Name
Yomny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
Drive the car normal for the first 500 miles, then just keep driving normal but enjoying it a little more. I don't think its smart to wait 500 then try to blow it up, or bang through gears and redline as some have stated, its not a magic switch and you could still cause damage if not warmed up properly.

Still confused as to why this is in the tracking section?

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Thank you all for your replies. Taking the car to the track after a few weeks. It will have around 1300 plus miles on it at the time. Thanks again.
Let us know how your track day goes.
Sponsored