Break-in done!

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Turned 600 miles this week! Now I can launch it and floor it...not! Too nice of a car to abuse, but I will drive it in a more "spirited" manner.:thumbsup:
Sponsored

Coldpizza

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Nice! Pretty sure the first time I floored it was as soon as I hit 600.0 on the odometer... time to :drive:!!

BurgerSlayer

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Turned 600 miles this week! Now I can launch it and floor it...not! Too nice of a car to abuse, but I will drive it in a more "spirited" manner.:thumbsup:
I know exactly what you mean. I'm about 50 miles shy of 600 on mine. I feel the same way, it's too nice of a car to abuse. I've been driving like a grandma for the last few weeks, nothing over 70MPH, shifts below 3.5K, all shifts prior to getting the car nice and warm are below 2K. Like krees said "Let'er rip!!" I'll do the same from time to time when the opportunity presents itself. Stay safe and enjoy!

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
these motors are already well broken in from the factory. I took mines to the track @114 miles lol.

xABNINx

First Name
Roderick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R - 2019
Country flag
these motors are already well broken in from the factory. I took mines to the track @114 miles lol.
dang!!!!!! well done my friend. I'm assuming it was as well. 500 miles i just drive it like how I drive everyday, however, avoided very high rpm shifts.

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
dang!!!!!! well done my friend. I'm assuming it was as well. 500 miles i just drive it like how I drive everyday, however, avoided very high rpm shifts.
yeah I'd like to know where Honda says the type r requires a break in period. These motors get tested and broken in extensively @ the Ohio plant before shipping out to swindon.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
it says somewhere along the lines of like take it easy for the first 700 miles or something like that in the owners manual iirc.

i personally just drove the car like how i'd drive it moment it went off the lot :dunno:

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
it says somewhere along the lines of like take it easy for the first 700 miles or something like that in the owners manual iirc.

i personally just drove the car like how i'd drive it moment it went off the lot :dunno:
really? I haven't read the manual yet but that's interesting. I've driven it like I stole it since I bought it lol..

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
really? I haven't read the manual yet but that's interesting. I've driven it like I stole it since I bought it lol..
yeah i never really "break in" a car i buy. I just buy it and drive it like how i would.

If i rebuilt the motor, i'd do a break in but not a car i'd buy off the lot.

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yeah i never really "break in" a car i buy. I just buy it and drive it like how i would.

If i rebuilt the motor, i'd do a break in but not a car i'd buy off the lot.
same here, I did a break in when I had the motor built in my old Si...followed prl's recommendations. other than that I see no need...only car I can think of that's mass produced that actually have a break in built into the ecu that limits rpms is the vette...

RedFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CTR
Country flag
Mines saw full boost at 21 miles. ;) 10k miles, 12+ autoX events, and 130+ drag passes on it later it still pulls just as hard as it did the day I bought it with no smoke out the back, no oil burning issues, funny noises or mechanical issues. I honestly believe the “600 mile break in” is to break in the clutch and bed the brake pads in more than breaking in the motor. I’m sure the boys at the UK plant and the docks did the break in for us before it even got to the dealership lol.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
same here, I did a break in when I had the motor built in my old Si...followed prl's recommendations. other than that I see no need...only car I can think of that's mass produced that actually have a break in built into the ecu that limits rpms is the vette...
yeah. It's actually cool how they do it too by increasing the rpm limit the more you drive.

Mines saw full boost at 21 miles. ;) 10k miles, 12+ autoX events, and 130+ drag passes on it later it still pulls just as hard as it did the day I bought it with no smoke out the back, no oil burning issues, funny noises or mechanical issues. I honestly believe the “600 mile break in” is to break in the clutch and bed the brake pads in more than breaking in the motor. I’m sure the boys at the UK plant and the docks did the break in for us before it even got to the dealership lol.
yeah i also believe it's more for the brake pads and stuff especially when they mention don't do any hard stops along with the 600 miles.

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
there's a dude I follow on insta his name is stig_ctr I think that's tracked his car right off the dealer lot and had 10k+ miles no problems.
Sponsored