Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Hello everyone

has anyone experience with additional break cooling?
I’m often on the racetrack with my CTR. Brake disks (Girodisc or C.T.F.) and brake pads (Endless) work very well, but I‘m having troubles with some components around e.g. the cuffs can't withstand the heat.

Now additional cooling could help and the idea of laying a pipe from the fog light to get additional cooling in the Wheel-arch came up.

Does someone have already implemented something like this or has experience with it?
I am happy for any input.

Appreciate your support. Thank you.
Sponsored

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
Veehexx on the UK Civinfo Forum has had some trouble with this on his FK2 with heavy track use.

Improving the existing ducting is one option; Running a pipe from the standard duct location to the caliper using a fabricated bracket (Not sure how well suspension clearence would go on the FK8)

Titanium pad shims help keep the dust seals on the calipers a little cooler by isolating them from some of the heat.

Finally, removing the dust shield on the disc to open up airflow (You will want to apply thermal protection measures to the struts / ball joints etc) apparently made a big impact.

Other than that, reduced session times.

Riknos

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8, 2004 S2000, 2019 FK6
Country flag
Very common on S2000s to run ducting to the brakes and cut holes in the disc shields to mount them, loads of info on s2ki.com for this, could be an option for the FK8? Dead cheap to do as well

Eugene_Fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R FK8, 2018 RX350 base
Country flag
I think the WTC car for the CTR has that air duct for cooling. They just do a custom bracket and use some foil pipe passed through your fog light to get air redirected. So far I haven't see anyone come up with product for the stock car, so you will need do it custom.
Sponsored