• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Massachusetts BRAND NEW LIMITED EDITION TYPE-R 2021 (Phoenix Yellow)

Arch

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is this a common operation then in the US, to mark cars up from the MRSP to whatever the dealership feels they can get? :confused: Are there any rules?

We all go into dealers here and aim to negotiate a good % off that list price. With Honda, you're lucky to get a set of mats thrown in, with BMW, VW etc., you can aim for a good 15-20%. They make their money on the finance and other shit they try and tag on obviously, i think i managed about 8k off my M140i at the time. I took BMW finance initially but nothing else, no GAP, no Lifeshine etc. I negotiated that deal with an excel sheet of another dealers (lower) prices and a friend in my ear telling me how to play the deal. Everytime they went out the back to 'do the numbers' or 'talk to the manager', i'd call him and he told me the next move. It was fun, apart from about the third time the chap went off to run my numbers and my friend said "Right, when he comes back, dont speak, you wait for them to talk, you say nothing, no matter how long it takes." That was awkward ?
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Your bmw did not only have 600 units limited. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything. $70k is insane but if you really want it, you have to pay up. It’s simple supply and demand. I don’t like dealers but they can do whatever they want here. They hold the cards, the car is in limited numbers.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Hello ladies and gents,

I am a 2020 Civic Si owner as well as sales consultant for a Honda dealership in Massachusetts. I have a Limited Edition Type R on it's way (due to arrive between today and 3 days from now) from the factory without a deposit. We are not charging $70k like some other dealers are. That's ridiculous, in my opinion. If you are interested, please message me and we can discuss the details. If you have a vehicle you would like to trade, please send me your VIN number and current Mileage on the vehicle.

-Sinan
Just curious, what dealership is this?

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
End of the day I paid the mark-up since I'm in CA. Do I really want to go to another state to pay MSRP and go through headaches when dealer is 5 miles away.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
Meanwhile over 20 CivicXers have already PMed the OP :)
LMAO

Last edited:

OLDRICR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Country flag
I sent him a message to see if I could get a better deal than I will be getting locally. He said he would match the same deal I’m getting here which is 5k over.
Obviously it wouldn’t make any sense for me because of travel expenses.
He seemed like a decent guy via the messages.
In all honesty I’m thinking about backing out of buying one, I’m not sure I can convince myself to spend 55k after taxes. As several others mentioned above that sort of money can buy a lot of car!

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
I sent him a message to see if I could get a better deal than I will be getting locally. He said he would match the same deal I’m getting here which is 5k over.
In all honesty I’m thinking about backing out of buying one, I’m not sure I can convince myself to spend 55k after taxes. As several others mentioned above that sort of money can buy a lot of car!
Yeah, you could have a Type R (which is the same car) in the 600hp range!

1lastnerve

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR - Black
Country flag
Backing out would probably be prudent, unless you're just into collecting cars, but if you're buying one to drive on a regular basis, then just hold.
I wouldn't argue about the fact that $55K buys a lot of car... but 1 of 600 of an already very desirable car (CTR) puts you in exclusive territory. The other $55K cars are going to depreciate like almost every other car, which is about 50-55% in 5 years. I don't think the LE is going to depreciate at the same rate, and most certainly will begin to appreciate in value later on. I would still advise that if you're investing, put the $55K in the stock market you'll do much better in the long run. But if you're the type that needs to have what people covet, then the LE isn't bad.

Personally, I think the trade off between an LE and a regular Type R is just too great to justify. The advantages that the LE offers are probably not noticeable on the street, and the lack of sound deadening would be very noticeable to me. I already think these cars have too much wind & tire noise, I'd hate it if there was more.
The regular Type R already has great value holding potential for a car, and again if you're investing... don't put it in cars!

Reactions: BBQ

ATLAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
somewhere in Gwinnett, someone told me one was there and I just went to see in person. Regular salesman went on and on about how were honest and we dont charge markup. "Our dealer dont play games like that" only for sales manager come out and tell me the price without tax, Ga tag fees, destination fee. He said it would be around 74.9k with all that included
Was it this listing at Curry Honda?

https://www.curryhondaga.com/new-in...=Civic+Type+R&year=2021&gvBodyStyle=Hatchback

Arch

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your bmw did not only have 600 units limited. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything. $70k is insane but if you really want it, you have to pay up. It’s simple supply and demand. I don’t like dealers but they can do whatever they want here. They hold the cards, the car is in limited numbers.
That's a fair point. ?