captain2

First Name
marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda 2020 civic ex
Country flag
As of may 2020 there will be a new grade of oil that was a few years in developement on the market. The oil oil is called GF6B AND GF6A. especially helpfull for turbo engines. The GF6A is replacement and backward compitable with
0-20w 5-w20, 5-w30 ,10-w30 and 40. will help with oil dilution hopefully

The GF6B will be for the crv. More info you can google it. dont know if honda will have it and use it for the civics or their cars. you will able to buy it in auto stores also
Sponsored

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As of may 2020 there will be a new grade of oil that was a few years in developement on the market. The oil oil is called GF6B AND GF6A. especially helpfull for turbo engines. The GF6A is replacement and backward compitable with
0-20w 5-w20, 5-w30 ,10-w30 and 40. will help with oil dilution hopefully

The GF6B will be for the crv. More info you can google it. dont know if honda will have it and use it for the civics or their cars. you will able to buy it in auto stores also
Neat, new tech additives probably is the claimed magic.

I was unknowingly part of Chevrolet’s GFN2 (Good For Nothing Too) test program, a joint GM, Campbell’s Soup and Prestone experiment in the ‘70s, code name VEGA.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
Neat, new tech additives probably is the claimed magic.

I was unknowingly part of Chevrolet’s GFN2 (Good For Nothing Too) test program, a joint GM, Campbell’s Soup and Prestone experiment in the ‘70s, code name VEGA.
I was thinking the same thing - oh, this one is better now because... I'm waiting for the claim that you never have to change your oil ever again - it's lifetime, just like maintenance free batteries, sealed wheel bearings and greaseless ball joints. You know those things that always fail and wouldn't if you could just do maintenance..................................................................................................................................................................... yeah, that's all I've got.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Unless you own a 2.5L Camry (‘18) or Honda Fit, we don’t have to worry about 0-16W at this time.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
0w-16, HARD PASS, especially in a turbo motor. 0-20 comes out like water after 5000 miles......

Hollywoo0220

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
0w-16, HARD PASS, especially in a turbo motor. 0-20 comes out like water after 5000 miles......
Yep. For a marginal 2% fuel efficiency gain, we would lose more viscosity and thus an increase in engine wear.
The second benefit is decreasing the “carbon” footprint, but I would continue to use nothing thinner than a 0-20.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep. For a marginal 2% fuel efficiency gain, we would lose more viscosity and thus an increase in engine wear.
The second benefit is decreasing the “carbon” footprint, but I would continue to use nothing thinner than a 0-20.
I've been 5w-30 for 60k miles now, about to reach 100k on the clock, although that may take a while since Im not driving to work for the foreseeable future

Hollywoo0220

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've been 5w-30 for 60k miles now, about to reach 100k on the clock, although that may take a while since Im not driving to work for the foreseeable future
Sorry to hear your unfortunate situation. Hopefully, things will get back up in the next few weeks....
I might just go that 5-30W route also, just ensuring it is a full synthetic.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry to hear your unfortunate situation. Hopefully, things will get back up in the next few weeks....
I might just go that 5-30W route also, just ensuring it is a full synthetic.
Im more fortunate than most of my friends. I can work from home and my company is paying us too. I do Sales tax for a large commercial real estate company and so far states still want their sales tax money lol

Hollywoo0220

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Im more fortunate than most of my friends. I can work from home and my company is paying us too. I do Sales tax for a large commercial real estate company and so far states still want their sales tax money lol
Ain’t that the truth! Good to hear, I’ll make sure I thank your luck every time I pay my taxes :thumbsup:
Sponsored