Belswick67

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I just bought a brand new 2021 civic hatchback sport from my local Honda dealer. I have had no issues, super happy with the car BESIDES one thing. The sunlight hit the piano black trim piece that says P R N D S for the shifter, and it’s super scratched. I took it back to Honda and they buffed it and made it worse. Said there’s nothing else they can do besides replacing the part and that Honda wouldn’t replace it. Does anyone know the part number to this piece? If Honda doesn’t replace it i will go nuts looking at it and I’ll replace it myself. What do you guys think?
Sponsored

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Of course the dealer couldn't fix it, I'd be surprised if they even had polishing compound in the building. You can try meguires Plast-X, and if that works to your liking, look into a ceramic coating or thin PPF to protect it in the future.

maku123

First Name
Michal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 cvt
Country flag
You can try polishing this plastic with a machine. Meguiars ultimate compound and the soft sponge are very good.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
..what happened to the new Honda Bumper 2 Bumper (1yr/12,000mi) warranties..??

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
That piece is a scratch magnet, if you don’t want any your going to have to wrap it with no way around it or ignore it

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
..what happened to the new Honda Bumper 2 Bumper (1yr/12,000mi) warranties..??
By the letter of the warranty booklet, “cleaning and polishing” or “cosmetic flaws” are not covered by the new vehicle warranty. Although sometimes if you ask nicely and the dealership has a good relationship with the district manager, it may be replaced as a “goodwill” item at no cost to you.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still wrapping my head around the OP saying that sunlight hit the trim and scratched it. ;)

Seriously though, I wish manufacturers would stop using the piano black because it's nearly impossible to keep scratch free.
Sponsored