Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si HFP 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Guys,
So I picked up my brand new civic si hfp 2018 from the dealership two days ago first night drove fine and then last night I went to the mall and when leaving I got a warning light on the dash that said Suspension System (ads) problem. This car has only 200km on it and I have dont a few pulls in it but nothing crazy, ive switched to sports mode a few time (I know that adjusts suspension) but i dont know if that has anything to do with the issue im incountrering. The suspension was noticebly stiffer on my way home and on my way to the dealership this morning. I brought it to Honda this morning before heading off to work and they gave me a Altima as a rental in the meantime. This is my first new car and im just really stressed and anxious about this happening and wanted to know if anyone has incountered similar issues or know what may have caused the light to come on. Honda is supposed to call me back tonight and I will upgrade the thread once they find what was wrong.

Thanks guys,
- Daniel
Sponsored

TheComebackKid

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MSM Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I doubt it's anything serious plus the car is under warranty so if anything needs replacing it's covered. Don't stress about it.
What dealership did you bring it to? I'm in Montreal too.

OP
OP
Pilksdaniel

Pilksdaniel

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si HFP 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I doubt it's anything serious plus the car is under warranty so if anything needs replacing it's covered.
What dealership did you bring it to? I'm in Montreal too.
Brought it to Honda Des Source, thats where I picked it up from two days ago, the guy was super nice and said hed call me as soon as he had any information, just annoying that the first day i have it something goes wrong haha. Had been driving a 2005 civic and had no issues with that one. I love the SI though beautiful car, the hfp package makes it that much sexier too.

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I wouldn't worry about it too much. As stated above its covered under warranty. Even the most reliable cars can have issues now and then. My guess is it's probably a loose connection, or a bad sensor. Did you happen to have the windows tinted? The ADS module is under the driver's side rear window behind the trim panel. When the windows are tinted, the water used can run down and get into the module causing a failure. This is very rare, but still a possibility, if the windows are tinted that is.

OP
OP
Pilksdaniel

Pilksdaniel

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si HFP 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wouldn't worry about it too much. As stated above its covered under warranty. Even the most reliable cars can have issues now and then. My guess is it's probably a loose connection, or a bad sensor. Did you happen to have the windows tinted? The ADS module is under the driver's side rear window behind the trim panel. When the windows are tinted, the water used can run down and get into the module causing a failure. This is very rare, but still a possibility, if the windows are tinted that is.
Thanks for the reply i really appreciate it. No I did not have my windows tinted I took the car as is, i have 4 year bumper to bumper honda plus, rust proofing, paint protection and fabric protection. No other changes were made to the vehicle. Within 24hrs of having the vehicle though the light came on i got the error pop up and the suspension was noticably stiffer on drive home and to honda this morning.

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
It happens. Be glad it happened now and it when it's out of warranty. Keep us posted on the outcome.

OP
OP
Pilksdaniel

Pilksdaniel

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si HFP 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It happens. Be glad it happened now and it when it's out of warranty. Keep us posted on the outcome.
Will do, thanks again, should hear from honda later today,hopefully can have my car back by the weekend.

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Sorry that I couldn't be more help. My warranty was voided about a month after I bought my car, because i shipped it to Germany, so o list keep my fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong.

OP
OP
Pilksdaniel

Pilksdaniel

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si HFP 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry that I couldn't be more help. My warranty was voided about a month after I bought my car, because i shipped it to Germany, so o list keep my fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong.
Dont worry about it just hearing feedback from you guys is reassuring. It being my first car im just a little nervous haha. Knock on Wood! Hope you never encounter any issues.

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Dont worry about it just hearing feedback from you guys is reassuring. It being my first car im just a little nervous haha. Knock on Wood! Hope you never encounter any issues.
I can honestly saw that I've never had any issues with any Honda I have owned other that the occasional rattle, or something trivial. Did you get the coupe, or sedan?

OP
OP
Pilksdaniel

Pilksdaniel

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si HFP 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can honestly saw that I've never had any issues with any Honda I have owned other that the occasional rattle, or something trivial. Did you get the coupe, or sedan?
I got the 2018 Civic Sedan SI HFP. Its such a beautiful car. I really love it just a little upset that i encountered this issue. Like you guys said though its normal and its probably something minor.

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I got the 2018 Civic Sedan SI HFP. Its such a beautiful car. I really love it just a little upset that i encountered this issue. Like you guys said though its normal and its probably something minor.
I'm sure you will really enjoy it when you get it back. I love my coupe.

OP
OP
Pilksdaniel

Pilksdaniel

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si HFP 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the dealer has to install the HFP kit themselves so probably something as simple as a loose connection. either way it's their problem
Oh I didnt know that, good to know. Thankyou. I love the car though everything about it is perfect. Just wish had a heated steering wheel like my dads cr-v touring!