Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si HFP 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
wait til a really cold day. you're going to want a heated shifter lol
For sure I can already tell it was 2 degrees celcius this morning, not excited for the minus 20 and colder haha.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pilksdaniel

Pilksdaniel

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si HFP 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Guys, Happy to tell you honda just called me and it was just when installing the HFP package one of the techs didnt fully connect one of the coils. I get to pick it up tonight! Im happy again!!!

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Hey Guys, Happy to tell you honda just called me and it was just when installing the HFP package one of the techs didnt fully connect one of the coils. I get to pick it up tonight! Im happy again!!!
Good deal, I figured it was something simple like that.

OP
OP
Pilksdaniel

Pilksdaniel

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si HFP 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good to hear @Pilksdaniel. HFP packaged suspension is different than stock Si suspension?
I am very happy, im leaving from work to pick up my car in an hour cant wait to see my baby. On the Honda site the HFP says (HFP sport suspension with Adaptive Damper System) and the normal si doesnt have any specification on the suspension. So i beleive that the suspension is different. Also found (The HFP Sport Suspension is fully compatible with the factory Active Damper System. Normal mode toggle provides added comfort and stability while sport mode adds aggressive sport-tuned features. White HFP decal included. Note that this is not a lowering kit. The HFP suspension is designed to enhanced the handling characteristics of the vehicle only.) this written on https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08W60-TBF-100.html

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I been to Montreal several times in winter, it’s dam chilly up there. Stay warm little civic.

Paramajician

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Civic SI, 2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I bought the 2018 Si coupe with the HFP package but I got to drive it without HFP for a week before all the parts came in and it feels like the new suspension adds more comfort with sport off than the original suspension and more stiffness in sport mode than the original suspension. The dealership told me it’s the same stuff that the CTR has, maybe the ride in the Si HFP is the same as the CTR comfort setting and the CTR R setting.

OP
OP
Pilksdaniel

Pilksdaniel

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si HFP 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought the 2018 Si coupe with the HFP package but I got to drive it without HFP for a week before all the parts came in and it feels like the new suspension adds more comfort with sport off than the original suspension and more stiffness in sport mode than the original suspension. The dealership told me it’s the same stuff that the CTR has, maybe the ride in the Si HFP is the same as the CTR comfort setting and the CTR R setting.
I agree with how comfortable the normal mode is, I was quite impressed on the difference between the two modes. You really feel the stiffness in the sports mode. Honestly the car is quite fantasitc.

jrogers329

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan Lunar Silver
Country flag
I wouldn't worry about it too much. As stated above its covered under warranty. Even the most reliable cars can have issues now and then. My guess is it's probably a loose connection, or a bad sensor. Did you happen to have the windows tinted? The ADS module is under the driver's side rear window behind the trim panel. When the windows are tinted, the water used can run down and get into the module causing a failure. This is very rare, but still a possibility, if the windows are tinted that is.
This is exactly what happened to mine. Had to have the ADS module and floor harness replaced. They had to remove everything in the interior to replace the harness under the carpet.

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice car! I have the same in white. Glad it worked out for you. I have 10k kms on mine in 2 months. I love it. Tomorrow I’ll try to put my winters on. I think the GTA is getting some snow on Sunday.

PittGuyCivic

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
I don't have the HFP, but have a 2019 Civic SI. I had the same issue and I had my windows tinted the day before. The next day it popped up. Made an appointment with a Honda dealership to take a look. Although cpl days later it went away. Should I still go in and have them look at my car? I'm not sure if it seems the same handling wise the msg hasn't come back don't know if I'm just being paranoid only had the car about a month. Any advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored