Braking system light came on

NYindyfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
I was in a parking lot yesterday and I get in my car and I was about to back up and my car wouldn't move. Then I noticed the "brake" light was on in red and underneath it "braking system" in yellow. I didn't know what to do since I was stuck. I actually called AAA and the guy just hit I guess the brake hold button while he hit the brake pedal and was able to go back and forth and then the light just disappeared and everything was fine. I felt like an idiot since it took the guy like 5 seconds to fix the problem, but can anybody tell me why this happened and if this has happened to anybody else? It's not like I could've accidentally hit the park break button. You have to pull the button up for a few seconds. Even if that were the case, the braking system yellow light wouldn't have appeared.
Sponsored

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
No, you just have to flick the E-brake button up for a second for it to engage. But with the yellow light on, it sounds like the system had a minor glitch. All you need to do is play with it for a few seconds, turning the E-brake off and on, and it should clear on it's own.