Al3xC02

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
What's some good suggestions for brake kits for a 2019 civic sport?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Al3xC02

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I'm not gonna lie, in completely new to modding a car. But, I think that calipers first would be better?

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I'm not gonna lie, in completely new to modding a car. But, I think that calipers first would be better?
There’s a difference
Big Brake Kits remove the stock caliper and have a bigger caliper usually a 4 piston caliper (stock caliper is 1 piston) , bigger pads and bigger rotors. They are not cheap and requires some good installing to make it work. It requires 20mm spacers if you have stock wheels and usually 18in wheels. If your have aftermarket wheels it can vary if you need a spacer or not.
Pads and rotors just replace the brake pads and rotors to better performance parts and leave the stock braking system as is. The cheaper option.

I have a brembo big brake kit conversion on a Civic hatchback non-type r (see photos), but wheel Fitment is horrendous. My wheels barely fit. I have a 3mm spacer installed.

Since you are new to modding I would recommend just changing the brake pads and rotors. Look into R1Concept rotors and some Hawk street brake pads

Honda Civic 10th gen Brakes 16895492-A915-4538-B85C-6AA777B93694

Honda Civic 10th gen Brakes 76D8FAAD-B4AD-403F-8D8F-DE08B1D7D2FB

Honda Civic 10th gen Brakes 223B170B-FE35-45DF-B939-2972D9BB0AA8

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
The only one I know of is the 27won big brake kit: https://store.27won.com/honda-civic-big-brake-kit-10thgen.html
I'm sure there are more though that I don't know of, however 27won very highly regarded around here and with the 10th gen platform in general. I would definitely do some research and ask a few questions before springing for something like that

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Unless your driving style dictates and having the power to overcome the unnecessary weight penalty.

Big brake kit adds unsprung weight and it affects handling negatively. Drilled holes also lead to cracks on rotor is another thing to consider and avoid.

Big brake certainly looks impressive!

However, personally, to improve this economy car's braking, I recently installed EBC Yellow Stuff brake pads and along with stock size Michelin PS4S tires, braking and handling improvement is day and night difference.

On the other hand, some food for thought, on my modded C6 Corvette, although having the power, to save unsprung weight, I choose stock sized two piece rotor with aluminum hat and improve caliper function by changing out aluminum piston to stainless to lessen heat conduction. Along with high performance brake pads, C6 braking is very satisfying.

There is no right or wrong. Its all up to your goal.

Good luck.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
You can also do a swap with the Brembo brakes from a Genesis -- you'll need 18" wheels with clearance for the calipers. You'll also need the rotors from a 2018 Nissan Rogue to pair with the calipers. The rotors for the Rogue are significantly cheaper.

Details from other post:
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/using-genesis-brembo.37072/page-3

Rotors:
https://www.r1concepts.com/detail_c...rake_fbsUSA_MADEfbe+Front+OEM_Rotor+silver+++

Calipers:
http://slickfabllc-com.3dcartstores.com/Brembo-Big-Brake-Upgrades_p_28.html
Sponsored