Brakes

Eric29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Not exactly sure where to post this. There is a section for brakes but I don’t really see anything posted there about brake repairs.

2016 civic EX. I like the car. I’m really disappointed though that Honda doesn’t have better quality brakes on the car. I had a 2006 civic EX and those brakes weren’t very good quality. The 2016 though is off the charts. 31k on the car. I’m not hard on the brakes. The front brakes, which do most of the stopping, look great. The back rotors have deep scores in them. I suspect this is because the caliper slides are sticking.

I talked to the dealer about it and they want no part of replacing anything free of charge even though technically the car is still under warranty and in my opinion this is a defect associated with the caliper which is still under warranty. I ordered parts online and I’ll do the job myself. With the way I drive, and the fact that the fronts are still fine, there’s no real reason in the world that the back brakes and rotors should need to be replaced at this point.

I’ll take the front slides apart while I have the car on the lift and lube those slides as well. There’s no real reason why I should have to do this work this early in the life cycle of this car.

Just disappointed in the quality of this.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Eric29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Thanks. I hadn’t seen those posts. This came out nowhere for me.