JoeShades

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
Brakes today felt fine, has been a few days since i used the car and it was in my garage. Next oil change is coming up soon, if there are any problems, it is new car time!
Sponsored

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Brakes today felt fine, has been a few days since i used the car and it was in my garage. Next oil change is coming up soon, if there are any problems, it is new car time!
A brake service is cheaper than a new car. Always.

Bugman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T, 2016 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My last few cars, which had over 100,000 miles on them, I would suck out the brake fluid from the brake fluid reservoir using a baby nose suction bulb syringe. You can suck out most of the reservoir which will mix with the bad fluid making the boiling point higher and removing some of the fluid that might have water in it. Keep in mind brake fluid is supposed to be almost clear, if it is a dark color it has moisture in it.

OP
OP

JoeShades

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
A brake service is cheaper than a new car. Always.
Yes but Brake service is not only thing needed, plus the cloth seats after 16 years are a mess, visor broke, needs spark plugs, soon brakes need replacement, another timing belt, speaker problems, etc. I think 150,000 miles and 16 years is a good time frame to get something new. When I got this car an upgrade was a CD player. Time to join modern times

Last edited:

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
My last few cars, which had over 100,000 miles on them, I would suck out the brake fluid from the brake fluid reservoir using a baby nose suction bulb syringe. You can suck out most of the reservoir which will mix with the bad fluid making the boiling point higher and removing some of the fluid that might have water in it. Keep in mind brake fluid is supposed to be almost clear, if it is a dark color it has moisture in it.
Turkey clear baster is also nice and fast. :) I always suggest a 2yr interval of replacing brake fluid unless you track, then it's fresh fluid right before every track day.
Sponsored