Wootperson

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic sport 2.0
Country flag
so recently i had pleasure of deal with aftermath of my girlfriend driving and costing me over 2k in repairs
Front left shock was torn wheel all scraped up she hit the curb on angle car was sitting in wheel leaning to left side when i saw it at mechanic leaning to front left
and after reading long lesson on how should she drive better just two month after i fell a sleep coming back from fishing trip after staying up for almost 36 hours , hitting curb and scraping same wheel and now back left wheel in addition, we stopped on shoulder i checked for damage and it just looked cosmetic on wheels.
i drove to closest motel slept few hours and drove another 6 hours on highway sometimes exceeding 85mph. i havnt noticed any noise or weird movment at that point.
after i arrived at home and dropped of my friend i noticed when stopping on lights there was some type of bumping noise at brakes its almost like wheel is bent at one part just slightly and its slightly touching break calipers (or what ever they are called) you can hear clear tire rotation and than ding and another on high speeds you cant hear thing at around 20mph its much faster ding ding ding sound but obviously because of low noise at low speeds you can hear it the most.
so i am looking to change my brakes and my wheels i had to change wheels regardless but instead of one i have to change two at least now and i never liked stock brakes to be fair anyway. i will post later video of sound if i can attach file, please let me know if anyone knows what brakes would be best for every day ride, i dont plan on racing i just do occasional fishing trip and mostly drive from work to home
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
There are not a lot of options. You can go with slotted and/or drilled rotors. Just get pads project mu, hawk, brembo, stoptech. But you have to realize that if you are not using stock pads. Brake Dust will increase. You can go with a full big brake swap for like $2k+ But it doesn’t sound like you need it. Decent pads/rotors can be brought for around $3/400 total.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
For a daily driver, you can just get a powerstop z17 brake pads, that will be enough for your needs @Wootperson .
Sponsored