Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
SS Lines are the jam! There's an immediate difference in brake feel as pedal becomes stiffer, and if you're doing a lot of spirited driving you won't feel it going softer as quickly.
Sponsored

cekIV

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Second this also. SS lines made my factory Si brakes a lot more responsive. Less braking force is needed to apply at the pedal to engage the brakes now.
What is involved with changing the front and rear brake lines to braided ss? Are their any special tools required? Thanks!

cekIV

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
You need a wrench and a brake bleeder.
Thanks! With a manual transmission, does bleeding the brakes interfere with the clutch fluid? or are they two separate systems?

Drunkndude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
On the si, I’m pretty sure the brakes and clutch are together on the same system

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
What is involved with changing the front and rear brake lines to braided ss? Are their any special tools required? Thanks!
What @zspeed said. Get yourself a set of brake line wrenches. Less chance of rounding off fittings. Other than that get some high quality fluid like Motul or something. Also I took this from another thread, but the bleed procedure is different than what I am used to with older cars with standard e brakes.

Bleeding Sequence:
Front drivers side (outside bleeder then inside bleeder)
Front passengers side (outside bleeder then inside bleeder)
Rear passenger side
Rear driver side

Apply and release the parking brake 5 times then bleed the rear brakes again (Note: When bleeding the brake system, air can get trapped inside the rear calipers. This is due to the complex fluid path inside electric parking brake calipers. Therefor, this procedure is necessary)

Front Bleeder Torque Spec: 14 lb-ft
Rear Bleeder Torque spec: 17 lb-ft
Sponsored