Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hey fellow XGen Si owners!

How is everyone doing today?

So recently, i have been having a shit load of fun w TSP Stage 2 tune and ethanol especially during the Mexico rolls! This little 1.5T has surprised many including STIs, GTIs, WRXs, and a few Zs around my area.

There is one thing though that i have noticed and that is once my brakes heat up, they tend to not work as well. They’re also almost reaching the end of their life so its time a change.

I am wondering what are your guys recommendations for brakes for pretty much just strictly street use? I’d appreciate it if you guys would leave your recommendations, thoughts and opinions.

Thank you !
Sponsored

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
If you don't want or plan on upgrading to a big brake kit I would suggest just better pads and higher temp fluid if you're sticking with stock sized rotors. That should more than suffice for your high speed rolls in "Mexico". Personally I would suggest ATE Type 200 or Motul RBF600 brake fluid to resist any boiling. And for brake pads I like the Porterfield R4-S which is a high performance street pad. The front's aren't too bad at $110. They don't have any rear pads however. And just about any aftermarket cheap stock sized rotors of your choice will do.