First Name
Ranganath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R 2021 LE
Country flag
Hello guys,
As the title says itself, I recently took my LE to track over the weekend and being my first tracking experience, i dont think crazily tracked. But somehow, I feel the brakes are now pretty hard and car takes longer to stop.
Do you guys think i should go to the dealer and get them checked and replaced?
any thoughts are appreciated.

Apologies if its dumb question, even though i love driving manual, I'm trying to learn thru technical stuff now.

Thank you.
Sponsored

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Hello guys,
As the title says itself, I recently took my LE to track over the weekend and being my first tracking experience, i dont think crazily tracked. But somehow, I feel the brakes are now pretty hard and car takes longer to stop.
Do you guys think i should go to the dealer and get them checked and replaced?
any thoughts are appreciated.

Apologies if its dumb question, even though i love driving manual, I'm trying to learn thru technical stuff now.

Thank you.
Hey, that's normal of how your stock pads will be after your first track day. They're good street pads, but wear out quickly on track - dealership won't be able to replace as it's a wear and tear item. If you're doing a few track days per season, you can just upgrade your pads to ones that can handle higher temps and still work well on the street - only con being extra brake dust, and the occasional squeal when cold.

I do carry a few pad options that are good for track use, and can still be used on the street:

EBC Yellowstuff
Hawk HP+
Project Mu Club Racer
Paragon R5

Beyond that, you can get brake fluid that's of higher boiling point, stainless steel braided brake lines, titanium pad shims, and even better 2-piece rotors if you wanted. All on the site already, feel free to ask any questions :)

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Those are all for the front. What do you recommend for the rear to go along with those? Stock?
Starting out, you can keep stock pads if you're at the beginner/intermediate level. Once worn down after a few track days, yet still at the intermediate skill level:

EBC Yellowstuff
Hawk HPS
Paragon P3

Advanced skill level, you'll start moving up to Hawk DTC-30, or Paragon R5 at the rear. There's others like Powerstop, Carbotech, and G-Loc as well. At the Advanced level, guys usually try out different pads, and other brake cooling options so it gets pretty subjective as everyone has different preferences.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Hey, that's normal of how your stock pads will be after your first track day. They're good street pads, but wear out quickly on track - dealership won't be able to replace as it's a wear and tear item. If you're doing a few track days per season, you can just upgrade your pads to ones that can handle higher temps and still work well on the street - only con being extra brake dust, and the occasional squeal when cold.

I do carry a few pad options that are good for track use, and can still be used on the street:

EBC Yellowstuff
Hawk HP+
Project Mu Club Racer
Paragon R5

Beyond that, you can get brake fluid that's of higher boiling point, stainless steel braided brake lines, titanium pad shims, and even better 2-piece rotors if you wanted. All on the site already, feel free to ask any questions :)

I have the project mu B force and theyve been great pads for both the street and competitive driving events. If I were to stay with PMU, id probably go with the Club Racer next but Im not sure what the future of the CR are looking like since I hear theyre being discontinued and not being discont....

Ive driven on the R5s before and they have great bite and stopping power but for the street theyre a tad bit noisy.. actually a lot of bit noisy.

This time around I will be looking at the Gloc R10 fronts and R8 rears, im sure im not doing myself that much more favors over the R5 pad at that point.

But OP, Club Racer gets my vote.

OP
OP

valla_ranga

First Name
Ranganath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R 2021 LE
Country flag

EBC Yellowstuff
Hawk HP+
Project Mu Club Racer
Paragon R5

Thank you so much for clear explanation. I dont think ill track like regularly. As of now, Im thinking once in like 6 months or so. But yeah, the track experience was amazing.
I'm looking at Hawk HP+ or Club Racers right now but which one do you suggest for more street driving and ocassonal track session

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Thank you so much for clear explanation. I dont think ill track like regularly. As of now, Im thinking once in like 6 months or so. But yeah, the track experience was amazing.
I'm looking at Hawk HP+ or Club Racers right now but which one do you suggest for more street driving and ocassonal track session
I think @Lust can provide some feedback on the club racers