imnotkhail

First Name
Mikhail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2020 Sedan
Country flag
What is the best brake pads to use? One that doesn’t leave a lot of brake dust..
Also, what is the best transmission oil to use?
Sponsored

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I don’t think the oem brake pads leave that much dust? They last a long time as well. At least, that’s how i feel for daily driving. They do fade fast if the car is pushed hard on a windy road for more than a few minutes.

I also clean my wheels when I do a tire rotation myself. A lot of work but it is worth it. The original pads lasted over 80,000 miles on my Si.

If you need an alternative pad, look at the EBC lineup. They’ve got pads for whatever driving style and always recommended on these forums.

https://ebcbrakes.com/products/automotive-brake-pads/

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I trust the OEM transmission fluid and just change it every 30k miles.

Others will argue that the Honda Genuine fluid is piss water and you need Amsoil or GM synchromesh.

I guess there is no way to definitively say if going to a non-OEM fluid will do your transmission harm. But it will affect how long the transmission takes to warm up in winter temperatures. (Doesn’t matter, you’re in california). It will also slightly change the performance of the LSD and how quickly it locks.

(Changing transmission fluid is also changing the LSD fluid in this car)

OP
OP
imnotkhail

imnotkhail

First Name
Mikhail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2020 Sedan
Country flag
I don’t think the oem brake pads leave that much dust? They last a long time as well. At least, that’s how i feel for daily driving. They do fade fast if the car is pushed hard on a windy road for more than a few minutes.

I also clean my wheels when I do a tire rotation myself. A lot of work but it is worth it. The original pads lasted over 80,000 miles on my Si.

If you need an alternative pad, look at the EBC lineup. They’ve got pads for whatever driving style and always recommended on these forums.

https://ebcbrakes.com/products/automotive-brake-pads/
Was thinking of getting the hawks brake pads. Gonna change my rotors so might as well change brake pads..

vitooooo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 VIC
Country flag
What is the best brake pads to use? One that doesn’t leave a lot of brake dust..
The same oil and pads Honda provided for you

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Was thinking of getting the hawks brake pads. Gonna change my rotors so might as well change brake pads..
The OEM rotors will warp fairly easy if you get them too hot. I had to change my rotors out when i did my brake job at 80k miles. At that point I was getting some very noticeable shaking when lightly braking at speed.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
Castol Transmax or Valvoline Maxlife. Good Fluid and decent pricing available at Walmart

I did 2 CVT fluid change with Castrol before i traded it in.

Last edited:

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
Wait. you have a Si. Get redline MTF or Amosil.

First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Ebc red stuff brake pads is always a great idea. Yes it’s 120$ but it’s this most important 120$ u can spend on ur car.

Far as transmission oil goes I have a lot of experience with this due to lots of auto cross and drag racing at the tracks. Amsoil is great, yes it is a little bit more expensive but it doesn’t break down like Hondas stock fluid and you will notice smoother shifts in the cold (not sure if this is an issue with the SI or not, I auto cross my mustang gt not my civic) quality oil is super important for longevity of a transmission if you drive spirited. Most people spend 700-1200 on clutch that can handle more power, why not spend 100$ more and get a piece of mind and keep ur transmission happy.
Sponsored