2018 Hatchback Sport Mt, 2017 Toyota 4runner XP, 2014 Audi S4, 2017 CBP Type R
Country flag

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
Type r has “performance” pads which meant for racing and therefore get replaced often. They arn’t built for extended life. Just high performance a couple of races then you replace them. I would look into pads that have extended life rather than performance standards. Those can mean different things to the buyer/seller.

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
Hawk hps are great pads i had them on my ctsv brakes
They do dust quite a bit slightly less then oem but not by much

jetydosa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
Hawk hps are great pads i had them on my ctsv brakes
They do dust quite a bit slightly less then oem but not by much
I wonder if they have changed the compound in the past 10-12 years?

I had HPS on my ITR back in the day (2004-5ish) and thought they were garbage. No bite, fade very easily, and dust way more than stock. The HP+ were far superior, but even then I thought there were better options.

MINIman

First Name
Niko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10 gen 2019
Country flag
Any reason (apart from the squeeling) why I shouldn't run the stock ones? I have a service appointment to replace all 4 pads tomorrow at Honda with OEM pads. The pads lasted 14K of daily driving (stop and go) and 1 track day. Sounds like not a bad lifetime to me.
Hey.., It's all depends how and where you drive.... I have made 51.000km, and pads are half way!?.. 80% Highway..

nxt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
The XP8 work amazing! To amazing for winter tires and still being sub degree temps lol... hard braking results in ABS. I swapped the fronts over to 1521 till the summer tires are on!

The 1521 and XP share the same bedding compound so you can easily hop between them.

The bobcats (1521) feels close to the stock Brembo but maybe a bit more sensitivity in the brake pedal. You can feel almost different levels of the pedal now... I was worried the rears being XP8 still may throw the braking off a bit for casual driving and excessive emergency braking. Not at all... now I’d never run spirited driving or track with that aggressive rears and softer fronts but for the daily driving on winter tires it seems fine.

1521 are 100% a direct replacement for the stock pads.
How long have your 1521's lasted? You say they are a direct replacement for stock but do they last longer? I never track but want quality pads for spirited driving.

Also, where did you buy them?

Dannybles

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic hatch ex
Country flag
15k on oem pads? i hope you are tracking that beast. i am on 28k miles on my oem pads and they have lots of life left. i do a lot of downshifting and coasting but also autocross it.
For real I'm at 42,000 and I'm just about to replace him and they still have a decent amount of meat on them. And I drive an ex cvt in Philadelphia traffic.

Ken242624

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Brake Pad Recommendations WechatIMG460
Probably not the best choice price wise, but I went with Project Mu B-spec pads. Had them on for about a week now, similar performance to oem pads, with less noise and dust(not a significant increase but still noticeable). Still need to wait for more spirited driving conditions.
Sponsored