PSPEC

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex hatch
Country flag
I just noticed you already had the CTR rear caliper brackets. Then that should take care of the pad spacing to the rotor. The easiest solution I think would be to redrill OEM rear CTR rotors. As long as the hub bores are compatible.

How far can the floating caliper travel on the pins? There could be a 3-5mm difference in center distance between the CTR and the FK7 caliper. I haven't taken the wheel off to measure yet..

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
How far can the floating caliper travel on the pins? There could be a 3-5mm difference in center distance between the CTR and the FK7 caliper. I haven't taken the wheel off to measure yet..
Remember that if you’re using the CTR brackets with the CTR rotor, the spacing is taken care of. All you have to modify is the bolt pattern.

If you’re only using the CTR brackets and custom rotor, then the FK7 rotor height doesn’t matter. It’s gonna be too small anyway.

PSPEC

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex hatch
Country flag
Remember that if you’re using the CTR brackets with the CTR rotor, the spacing is taken care of. All you have to modify is the bolt pattern.

If you’re only using the CTR brackets and custom rotor, then the FK7 rotor height doesn’t matter. It’s gonna be too small anyway.
That's assuming the ctr rear hub assembly and knuckle are the same which they are not.

PSPEC

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex hatch
Country flag
Stopped at autoparts store today and did some comparisons.

Honda Civic 10th gen Brake Info thread 20230515_113354

Honda Civic 10th gen Brake Info thread 20230515_113431

PSPEC

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex hatch
Country flag
Going to get the CTR rotors redrilled this week and ordered 64.1-70.1 aluminum hub centric rings. Going to do a fitup and see how the rotor and caliper bracket line up. Hoping the CTR bracket bolts to the knuckle.... I eyeballed it and the bolt spacing appears to be the same for the brackets.

PSPEC

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex hatch
Country flag
Finally got around to checking CTR rear caliper bracket fitment.

The FK8 caliper bracket does bolt up to the FK7 knuckle. Unfortunately the bracket is not centered to the FK7 rotor. The FK8 rotor is even taller than FK7 so the bracket will interfere with FK8 rotor on the FK7 knuckle.

FK8 rear caliper is the exact same caliper as FK7 just painted red. It is not aluminum. It is cast iron or steel. I checked it with a magnet.

Going to order Volkswagen rotor with 305mm diameter and 6mm shorter overall height than FK7 rotor. Redrill it to 5x114.3. Get a hub centric ring to adapt it to FK7 hub and shim the FK8 caliper bracket forward to center it on the volkswagen rotor. Going to use the the FK7 caliper and paint it as it is the exact same caliper as FK8. Will use FK8 pads since they are thinner than FK7 and should work with the thicker Volkswagen rotor.

See pics of FK8 caliper bracket bolted to FK7 hub with FK7 rotor.

Honda Civic 10th gen Brake Info thread 20230518_185159

Honda Civic 10th gen Brake Info thread 20230518_185207

Honda Civic 10th gen Brake Info thread 20230518_185424

Last edited:

METALxSLUG

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PMM Civic Sport hatchback
Country flag
Ordered TL-S calipers / rotors / pads. Also ordered Time-Cert inserts to reduce caliper bolt threads from m14x1.25 to M12x1.25
Do you have a link you can share for the time cert you purchased, do you plan on documenting this process for the thread. Thanks in advance

PSPEC

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex hatch
Country flag
Do you have a link you can share for the time cert you purchased, do you plan on documenting this process for the thread. Thanks in advance
Ended up returning the time cert and brembo calipers and ordering advics calipers from 05-12 Acura RL. The brembo calipers sit real close to the center of the wheel which makes most rims require a wheel spacer. The advics calipers are radially mounted and require a caliper bracket adapter which allows you to run a big rotor (I'm running 330mm hyundai rotor) which moves the caliper even further away from center of the rim. The spokes on my wheels flare out towards the edges and I don't think I will need a spacer. Didn't want to change my wheelbase...

If you do need a time cert I was going to use m14x1.25 to m12x1.25 and screw it in from the side of the caliper opposite of where the bolt screws in. The time cert is kind of a pain in the ass and the install tools cost way more than the time certs. Was going to have a machine shop modify the caliper for the time cert rather than spend money on the tools.

I'll make a thread when I get everything together and do the install.

Pics are of advics caliper, Advics ultra premium hyundai rotor, and advics ceramic pads.

Honda Civic 10th gen Brake Info thread 20230513_135619

Honda Civic 10th gen Brake Info thread 20230516_143147

Honda Civic 10th gen Brake Info thread 20230516_143105

Last edited:

PSPEC

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex hatch
Country flag
Radial mounted caliper brackets for 05-12 Acura RL calipers on FK7 came today. The hub rings are to adapt the Hyundai rotors to FK7 hub.

Honda Civic 10th gen Brake Info thread 20230520_141453

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan / 04’ CRV EX 5MT
Country flag
i have the HPD BBK. Basically a 6 pot willwood kit rebranded all fancy. My constant issue is that bot of my rotors/brake system rattle like crazy on normal roads/driving conditions. I had a shop TWICE "fix the backwards caliper bracket bolts/nuts". Which didnt help the issue. On top of the constant rattle is a clunk/clicking noise when i turn the wheel fully. Any help would be great.

I even used RED LOCTITE on the stupid nuts too. nothing works. someone save me from this torment because it makes the car unfun to drive now

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i have the HPD BBK. Basically a 6 pot willwood kit rebranded all fancy. My constant issue is that bot of my rotors/brake system rattle like crazy on normal roads/driving conditions. I had a shop TWICE "fix the backwards caliper bracket bolts/nuts". Which didnt help the issue. On top of the constant rattle is a clunk/clicking noise when i turn the wheel fully. Any help would be great.

I even used RED LOCTITE on the stupid nuts too. nothing works. someone save me from this torment because it makes the car unfun to drive now
I had a similar rattle with my RL setup until I changed where I put washers for my mounting brackets and calipers themselves

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan / 04’ CRV EX 5MT
Country flag
I had a similar rattle with my RL setup until I changed where I put washers for my mounting brackets and calipers themselves
"changed where you put them? how so