Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Are there any caliper studs that allow you to quick swap the brake pads? I couldn't find anything with a Google search

For my Mustang there is something called the caliperflexion, you just pull off the wheel and slide the whole caliper to the side.

https://caliperfexion.net/shop
Sponsored

anestist

First Name
Anestis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Last Thursday I installed the CRV's front calipers with new rotors on my FK7. The dual piston calipers were bought used, they were in a pretty good condition with some rust on the body and I decided to fully recondition them. I bought all the service parts (pistons, gaskets, bleed valves, bolts) from a Spanish company named FRENKIT. The calipers were stripped out, the pistons were removed and everyting was cleaned out. Finally they were painted silver and all the new parts were installed. The rotors (315X28) / pads I used were from TEXTAR (there are no many choices in teh Greek market). Finally new SS braided lines were installed from Goodridge and brake fluid from Motul
The conversion is not really bolt on, but it's pretty easy to be done. The new caliper' s base is thicker than the FK7's and so is the rotor. So the hub was removed and my mechanic sent them to a machine shop to put them all together. Also the bolts which fasten the base on the hub have bigger diameter, so you need new bolts (from HONDA or from anywhere else with the same dimentions) and the hub's holes to be drilled about 3 mm in diameter.
The reason why I chose this "OEM" conversion is because you can keep the OEM wheels, without the use of spacers. Although I am still in the bedding period I have to say that the braking is different but better. Because of the bigger pistons you have to press the pedal a little bit more, but the braking is really better. You just have to get used to that feeling.
The dissadvantage of the conversion is the weight. The new discs are 1.8 kg heavier than the FK7's (7,2 kg - 9 kg) and the new calipers (with the pads on them) 0.9 kg heavier (5,9 kg - 6,8 kg), so during first acceleration the front of the car feels heavier.

Honda Civic 10th gen Brake Info thread 1649740539809

Honda Civic 10th gen Brake Info thread 1649740539831

Honda Civic 10th gen Brake Info thread 1649740539871

Honda Civic 10th gen Brake Info thread 1649740539853

Last edited:

Tobiman

First Name
Oluwatobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Hello everyone! I’m a FK7 driver from Australia

I installed Brembo’s on my civic at the start of the year using Renault Megane 3 RS brembos with the K system pro caliper brackets.

I found the brembos off facebook market place in good condition, bought new ceramic brake pads and installed them with the K-system pro brackets.

I also bought new nissan 350z rotors with HEL performance stainless steel brake lines and I absolutely love them!

But it’s almost time for me to replace my rear rotors, and I hate the small rotor size compared to my fronts …

I did see someone in this chat say that Fk8 calipers can be used to install a bigger rotor but does anyone know what size or what rotor off which car can be used with the FK8 rear caliper brackets ?

I know FK8 rotots won’t fit due to the PCD difference,

I have seen two Chinese motorsport brands Rage and ChezviBrake which offer rear caliper brackets with larger rotors, but I prefer the DIY method with a common rotor off another car.

So in the future if I ever need to replace the rear rotors again, it can be easily supplied locally rather than purchasing custom rotors from China.

Thanks everyone!

@fk4_rs on ig

1A0ADB30-2FE7-467D-AEA3-473F7C9B9E19.jpeg

5F529BCE-B73B-4201-B7AF-4FC34CA3625D.jpeg

3CC84055-3125-4261-A023-31C38887F48A.jpeg

B62D0514-FD6F-4DCD-9127-B1FC09646072.jpeg
Maybe you can convince Paragon to make brake parts for the regular Civic line. They already make affordable rotors for the Type-R.

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
Are there any caliper studs that allow you to quick swap the brake pads? I couldn't find anything with a Google search

For my Mustang there is something called the caliperflexion, you just pull off the wheel and slide the whole caliper to the side.

https://caliperfexion.net/shop
Those look like they will only work on fixed/floating calipers. Like the ones on the front of a Type R.

On sliding calipers, you can usually get away with unbolting the lower sliding pin and swinging the caliper upwards. Be careful in case this stretches the brake line, you might need to unbolt the brake line bracket as well.

Reenie

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I've had my ' 19 Si for almost a month. So far I changed my stock wheels/tires to 19" wheels and 245/35 ZR19 Hankook's. The mechanic suggested I need to flush my brakes. I didn't know what to say or ask at the time. But now that I think about it, is there a flush for brake systems? I'm not even close to being a mechanic therefore I feel like maybe I'm being duped.

Anyone know about flushing the brake system? The Si has about 35,500 miles.

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I've had my ' 19 Si for almost a month. So far I changed my stock wheels/tires to 19" wheels and 245/35 ZR19 Hankook's. The mechanic suggested I need to flush my brakes. I didn't know what to say or ask at the time. But now that I think about it, is there a flush for brake systems? I'm not even close to being a mechanic therefore I feel like maybe I'm being duped.

Anyone know about flushing the brake system? The Si has about 35,500 miles.
A brake flush should be performed every 30,000 miles or every 2-3 years. Brake fluid is hydroscopic and will absorb moisture, and will eventually degrade from heat generated through use, both of which impact its ability to resist compression and boiling. This is true for every vehicle. Brake fluid is also dirt cheap, and if you have a little time and a few tools, you can do it yourself easily. Just look up a video on YouTube or something. ;)

Reenie

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
A brake flush should be performed every 30,000 miles or every 2-3 years. Brake fluid is hydroscopic and will absorb moisture, and will eventually degrade from heat generated through use, both of which impact its ability to resist compression and boiling. This is true for every vehicle. Brake fluid is also dirt cheap, and if you have a little time and a few tools, you can do it yourself easily. Just look up a video on YouTube or something. ;)
Thanks a lot, LBP!!

Reactions: LBP

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Ideas for upgraded pads on stock FK7 brakes? Plus where to buy them?

Out here in suburbia, we've got places where you'd decelerate from 60-plus-mph down to a stoplight, and my brakes have moaned and shuddered a few times. Never had this worry with the Cobalt GT-S pads I put on my EP3, but I don't see them listed for the FK7. Tire Rack also doesn't have much selection.

Been out of the mod scene for a while, so I know I'm missing out by not paying close enough attention...

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Ideas for upgraded pads on stock FK7 brakes? Plus where to buy them?

Out here in suburbia, we've got places where you'd decelerate from 60-plus-mph down to a stoplight, and my brakes have moaned and shuddered a few times. Never had this worry with the Cobalt GT-S pads I put on my EP3, but I don't see them listed for the FK7. Tire Rack also doesn't have much selection.

Been out of the mod scene for a while, so I know I'm missing out by not paying close enough attention...
Googled and found this https://www.10thgencivicshop.com/collections/brake-pads

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Would the hawks not work? Also, maybe Rockauto has some as well.
Looking for a matched set. 10thGenCivic lists Hawks for only the rear for non-Si, non-R Civics. Tire Rack also only lists Centric Posi-Quiet as a matched set (same pads front and rear).

I didn't know about Rock Auto. At least they have a little bit more selection, but not a whole lot.

(edit) Forum sponsor Unity Performance has a good bunch, including EBC. I shoulda just kept looking. ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hondanickx

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm just trowing this in here .I did a complete brake job a week ago .I Just used oem replacement parts from brembo. I used speed bleeders in the past and 1 thing that always bothered me was the fact the thread didn't seal after a while anymore.
So i now installed Stahlbus bleeders and these work with a integrated o-ring which always seals .
They where very easy to use and i changed the brake fluid and bleeded all the air out with just the Stahlbus bleeder valves. The most difficult part was installing the clutch bleeder valve ,which is very hard to get by.I used M10 x 1.0 16mm long bleeder valves for the front and back .And M8 x 1.25 16mm long for the clutch bleed valve. Keep in mind this is for a EDM 10th gen which uses different front brakes (ATE calipers in the front and rear).They are more expensive then regular speed bleeders ,but worth it imo.
Stahlbus is also available in the USA Stahlbus

toastyJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Has anyone done the CTS-V swap? I wanna do it, I’m just confused at the description is it still using the OEM rotor?

BBB53033-1834-4432-8C77-9E85828CEE7F.png
Anybody here follow up with these guys about this swap? I believe earlier in the thread it was stated caliper brackes were not needed, just need to source the correct rotors. I might inquire about this or try to source the Megane RS kit.