Brake Info thread

Fctouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX 2.0 6mt
Country flag
You may be overthinking your vehicle stability control. Yes it can and will apply one or more calipers to help mitigate a skid. but it’s primary input is still wheel speed, not brake pressure or brake friction or tire friction for that matter. The system can’t and doesn’t sense any of those. It only senses wheel speed and steering input. So when it senses a skid. It will pulse the brakes until it is satisfied the wheel sensors and steering angle are no longer adding up to a skid condition.
When i put the oem pads on I noticed a weird pulsation in the front twice when i was close to locking up. it felt like the ABS was letting go of the pad, but not enough to let the wheel grab entirely. That night later i ended up fully locking them mid turn and it sounded pretty violent. The ceramic pads just feel drastically less screwy. The AHA scrub may very well be due to brake bias but i was just generally hesitant to change more. The main goal was heat capacity and this did it with minimal issues.
Sponsored

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are there any bbk that fit the stock 19” hfp rims?

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

OP
OP
Hondanickx

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any thoughts on this 4 pot bolt on caliper from Ballade

I am curious

https://balladesports.com/products/...ton-brake-caliper-kit-fk4-5-7-9-fc1-9-non-fk8
You're putting in more heat into a stock brake rotor .Ideally the rotor would be thicker or larger in size to reduce the heat .
Larger brake pads ,and more clamping force equals more heat .
You would need to use these with some stock replacement rotors that are slotted/drilled or have better internal cooling fins .Integra dc2 brake pads are one of the largest and are widely available .I'm going to use them myself too for my accord type r calipers.

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
You're putting in more heat into a stock brake rotor .Ideally the rotor would be thicker or larger in size to reduce the heat .
Larger brake pads ,and more clamping force equals more heat .
You would need to use these with some stock replacement rotors that are slotted/drilled or have better internal cooling fins .Integra dc2 brake pads are one of the largest and are widely available .I'm going to use them myself too for my accord type r calipers.
Interesting, what's required to fit the CTR calipers on the Accord? I was under the impression Si calipers/Wilwood BBK would fit the Accord.

OP
OP
Hondanickx

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting, what's required to fit the CTR calipers on the Accord? I was under the impression Si calipers/Wilwood BBK would fit the Accord.
No I'm going to use accord type r calipers on my 10th gen.Just a little brake upgrade. Thicker (28mm) and better rotors, dual piston calipers and larger brake pads.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
No I'm going to use accord type r calipers on my 10th gen.Just a little brake upgrade. Thicker (28mm) and better rotors, dual piston calipers and larger brake pads.
Looking forward to your project! Please do take lots of pics and share a write up if you can.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unfortunately does not seem to fit Si. ☹
I'm guessing this could be worked out with fk7 size rotors. Its cost benefit for si swapping drops a bit then imo

Last edited:

stanleywinthrop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm guessing this could be worked out with fk7 size rotors. It's cost benefit for si swapping drops a bit then imo
I contacted them and that's exactly what they said. They tried to steer me to some S2000 calipers they sell, but by the looks of would require spacers.

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm reading that CR-V has the same brake setup as an Si... does it mean Si BBK kits can fit CR-V and vice versa? I have bother civic and CR-V and wanted to upgrade brakes on both, but CR-V being CR-V hard to find any parts for them. Does Si BBK, lets say from 27Won fit 2020+ CR-V?

Vlad@27WON

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"18 Si, "18 CTR
Country flag
I'm reading that CR-V has the same brake setup as an Si... does it mean Si BBK kits can fit CR-V and vice versa? I have bother civic and CR-V and wanted to upgrade brakes on both, but CR-V being CR-V hard to find any parts for them. Does Si BBK, lets say from 27Won fit 2020+ CR-V?
We haven't test fitted it on a CR-V yet, but all signs point to it will bolt on.

We had this kit recently fitted on a HR-V and it fit perfectly on top of all the other applications we already have.
Sponsored