First Name
Yang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic hatch back lx - Honda sensing
Country flag
Hi guys ,
am not sure if any one else’s has experienced this but when I have my brake hold engaged , some times the car will roll forward a bit and I can hear almost a groaning sound . I say this happens 4/10 times I use the feature , I have tested stepping on the brakes when brake hold is already engaged and the car will inch forward as well . Might just be due to the rpms going up when reapplying the brakes , which pushes the car to move with brake hold already engaged.

Can’t seem to find anything online about the occurrence , just wondering if anyone else’s has experienced this .

it’s a 2018 hatch
Sponsored

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
nope never had anything like that, but I also don't put my foot back on the brake while Brake Hold is functioning, the whole point of Brake Hold is you just hit the gas when ready to go.

but I don't use Brake Hold much because it sucks ass having to constantly hit the gas pedal to creep forward in traffic, rather just let off the brake and roll the car length forward at a time.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm weird but I love Brake Hold. Use it almost all the time. That said, I've never had the car creep or move while it's engaged. Might wanna have a tech check it out.

fjrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 4 door LX with CVT
Country flag
"... some times the car will roll forward a bit and I can hear almost a groaning sound."

That happens when the car has not completely stopped when the hold engages. You're pressing the brake but are creeping forward every so slightly. If you sit motionless for a moment the hold should work properly.

OP
OP

Nbgopher

First Name
Yang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic hatch back lx - Honda sensing
Country flag
I'm weird but I love Brake Hold. Use it almost all the time. That said, I've never had the car creep or move while it's engaged. Might wanna have a tech check it out.
Do you always press your brakes fully before letting go or do you let go of brakes once the hold light turns on ?
Thanks .

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
I find when Brake Hold is on standby, sometime when the car is showing 0 kmph and the wheels are still slightly moving, it engages causing a tiny jolt. But when its engaged, its never creeped forward.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you always press your brakes fully before letting go or do you let go of brakes once the hold light turns on ?
Thanks .
Once I come to a stop, I take my foot off the brake pedal and that's it.

happycamper515

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Country flag
Has anyone ever had a brake hold fail and the car roll forward? Being and old school driver not used to having all this technology replace the human element in driving.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Has anyone ever had a brake hold fail and the car roll forward? Being and old school driver not used to having all this technology replace the human element in driving.
Nobody’s ever reported that that I’m aware of. I’ve had the same thought before, lol.

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
Come to a complete stop before letting go of the brake. If you're letting go of the brake as soon as you stop and can still feel some inertia, this will happen.

Happens to me occasionally if I let off brake too soon

Last edited:

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The only time I have experience that is when I've been on break hold for too long and it changes from hold to actually engaging the e-brake.
Sponsored