Brake Fluid Change to DOT 4, Flush Clutch Also??

Bituminous.R

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, #26556 CBP
Country flag
I recently bought some DOT 4 brake fluid (Motul 600) and wanted to flush my 2019 Civic Type R's brakes. I later found out that the brake reservoir also feeds the clutch. If I flush the OEM fluid out of the reservoir and my brakes, do I need to flush the clutch as well (I assume yes) but can the clutch run on DOT 4? Is that acceptable?
Sponsored

TopCatCt

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Sport
Country flag
I recently bought some DOT 4 brake fluid (Motul 600) and wanted to flush my 2019 Civic Type R's brakes. I later found out that the brake reservoir also feeds the clutch. If I flush the OEM fluid out of the reservoir and my brakes, do I need to flush the clutch as well (I assume yes) but can the clutch run on DOT 4? Is that acceptable?
I change my brake and clutch fluid with Dot 4 all ok, usually every 2 years

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
your clutch master cylinder is basically half a brake cylinder so yes, no issues at all with any dot 3 or 4 fluid, as long as it's not silicone(dot 5). Dot 5.1 is still similar to dot 4 so you can use that as well.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
why are we bringing a one year old thread back from the dead? :banghead:
oh no!! We're all going to die and overload the forum!!!

Nessism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Civic
Country flag
Nothing wrong with bring an old thread back in my view. Better than starting a new thread because someone is too lazy to search for info.

I recently bought a pressure bleeder for the brakes. I've used vacuum bleeders in the past but I found more positive reviews on pressure than vacuum so...

Going to tackle the job at 25k miles. That's 5 years for me. I know that some people say 2 years, but in the grand scheme, I think 5 is okay.
Sponsored