Brake fluid change at 30K miles

RKS17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37s
Country flag
Just had my son go to the dealer for an oil change and the say the brake fluid was dirty and had moisture in it. Is this normal?
Sponsored

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Maybe - depends on environment and age of car. Fluid change is recommended maintenance at 3 yr/ 36k miles whichever occurs first. Being in a high salt environment it's preferable to a seized caliper. I'd also have them clean and lube the caliper slides to keep corrosion at bay.

DAVEEVAD

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
My maintenance minder popped up for brake fluid change at 22k. Just flushed it last weekend. It was...a bit cloudy and there were definitely particulates in the bottom of the bottle when done. Simple process. I recommend doing it.

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
my lights on for it as well at 27k miles. Planning to do that an my trans fluid in the next coming weeks

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wunderladenracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
Brake fluid is hygroscopic which simply means it absorbs moisture from the air. It will always find a way to absorb moisture which will degrade it. It's good practice to change your brake fluid every couple years as preventative maintenance.

Reactions: LBP

Nessism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Civic
Country flag
I don't drive much, and I'm in So Cal where the weather is mild, so I changed the brake fluid at 25k, which was about 5 years. Coincidentally, the maintenance minder popped on right after the job was finished.
Sponsored