Brake fluid bottle lid leaks

Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda EX-T, 98 TJ
Country flag
I noticed brake fluid is leaking from the cap down the sides of the lip on the bottle and onto the brake booster. It's seems like the lid on the bottle doesn't seal properly causing it to leak. Can someone check under their hood and see if they have this issue as well or if it's just me. Also if if it helps I have 10,000ish miles on my civic.

Honda Civic 10th gen Brake fluid bottle lid leaks 20160925_111525

Honda Civic 10th gen Brake fluid bottle lid leaks 20160925_111453

OP
OP
Turbo

Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda EX-T, 98 TJ
Country flag
If you look closely at the pictures the brake booster where the white bar code is, is covered in brake fluid and also the back of the brake reservoir where the fire wall is also, the back of the bottle itself is wet and dirty from brake fluid. And lastly the black cap right where it screws on is wet and dirty.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
check if the seal is pinched and take it back to the dealer. you dont want the fluid expose to the open air. also try not to get it on your paint or it will eat it away

OP
OP
Turbo

Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda EX-T, 98 TJ
Country flag
check if the seal is pinched and take it back to the dealer. you dont want the fluid expose to the open air. also try not to get it on your paint or it will eat it away
If I grab the cap I can rock it back and forth. It's not a tight seal by any means. Yours is tight?

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
If I grab the cap I can rock it back and forth. It's not a tight seal by any means. Yours is tight?
yea thats normal since its sealed by a o ring gasket.

im pretty sure what you are seeing is dirt from the road going up the engine bay. . if its not wet, i wouldnt worry about it

OP
OP
Turbo

Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda EX-T, 98 TJ
Country flag
Update, I just came back from the dealer. They said they think it is from the factory being sloppy with the brake fluid they wiped down the bottle and surrounding area beautifully and said check it in a hundred miles or so and see if the leak comes back if not then I'm good.

Honda Civic 10th gen Brake fluid bottle lid leaks 20160926_121021

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
i wouldnt worry about it. my was dirty but it was just road dust/dirt coming up the engine bay.

Kizzie

First Name
Kong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fc1 Sedan
Country flag
Mine is leaking after I replaced my BMC with OE part. Please help. Idk what else to do