Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI
Country flag
Hey guys,

I have been searching around and have not been able to find any brake ducts for my 10th gen. By any chance, has anyone seen a company do any brake ducts for our cars? I have also seen several times these brakeduct “fog light area” inserts and have been told they are Honda Factory Performance. I have not been able to find any information on them. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Honda Civic 10th gen Brake duct?? 3E2FF682-F270-4C92-B097-6EFB7337EC20

Honda Civic 10th gen Brake duct?? 01836B7E-594D-4DE1-B948-513C72E58F2F

EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
Country flag
If this was ever made being just a plane or solid surface with a one hole in the middle, would people buy it if it was cheap? And what is or would be a decent price other than $1000.00 a set?

Last edited:

st4xor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I would definitely be tempted by functional brake cooling ducts. There are a number of people floating around the forum that are looking for high temp track pads for the SI for HPDE. If a duct kit in the $300-$400 range were available to allow people to put off the BBK purchase and get more performance out of their OE calipers, I would think that would be an attractive product. But you can get the lesser 4-piston Wilwood kit for $1k. That's my $0.02

EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
Country flag
I would definitely be tempted by functional brake cooling ducts. There are a number of people floating around the forum that are looking for high temp track pads for the SI for HPDE. If a duct kit in the $300-$400 range were available to allow people to put off the BBK purchase and get more performance out of their OE calipers, I would think that would be an attractive product. But you can get the lesser 4-piston Wilwood kit for $1k. That's my $0.02
Wanted to revisit this topic. So question: so HPD sells the garnish that has the ram in molded to the part for almost $500.00 a piece.
Now what exactly would be a tempting product...keep your original garnish but just have some duct work made from behind the garnish to end behind the wheel well liner like the type r...or all the way towards the disk brake with hose going to it?

circuit.heart

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Sport (Si converted), '94 525i x2
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Putting it the wheel well isn't all that useful unless the wheel and rotor are designed with air pumping as a priority. Most racing brake ducts pipe air straight to the inside of the rotor hat, sometimes another pipe to the caliper/pads to cool that down as well.

The easy-mode of brake ducting is just putting a 3" hose behind the fog light holes. That can be routed along the factory undertray, along the side of the wheel well, and your wheel won't touch it when you steer (I confirmed all of this). Cut your factory backing plate, weld an adapter in, and hose clamp the duct to your modified backing plate. It won't be as effective as the ram-air HPD duct, but the fog light holes allow enough air in to cause aero lift if you forget to reinstall your fog lights, so there's definitely air getting pushed in at this location.

EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
Country flag
Putting it the wheel well isn't all that useful unless the wheel and rotor are designed with air pumping as a priority. Most racing brake ducts pipe air straight to the inside of the rotor hat, sometimes another pipe to the caliper/pads to cool that down as well.

The easy-mode of brake ducting is just putting a 3" hose behind the fog light holes. That can be routed along the factory undertray, along the side of the wheel well, and your wheel won't touch it when you steer (I confirmed all of this). Cut your factory backing plate, weld an adapter in, and hose clamp the duct to your modified backing plate. It won't be as effective as the ram-air HPD duct, but the fog light holes allow enough air in to cause aero lift if you forget to reinstall your fog lights, so there's definitely air getting pushed in at this location.
Hmmm i understand the hose directly to center of disk brake or cutting a hole..weld a round sleeve and adapt a hose...i havent gotten there yet.
Im not sure im following you from the foglight hole. Fog light hole seams way out poiting to center of tire. Having duct work made from center of garnish is way closer to wheel well side wall so as to avoid extreme 90 degree ducts. I have the garnish to behind the wheel well liner figured out..its going under wiper tank. Issue is coming out liner from front of tire and hug the wall. I testing different designs.
But my question was apples to apples...ilif duct work was made to match the $500.00 a pc feom front of garnish to behind wheel well liner..would that be a tempting alternative for way less than say 500 a pair or even less or would a full duct work from garnish to disk brake be more tempting for say...hmmm under 600 or less?

EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
Country flag
Found this online, can probably help with ram air and brake cooling if you’re clever with the piping.

https://cjmind.com/collections/hond...ype-r-ramair-duct-2016?variant=31884933824595
Yep iv seen that. Thats pretty impressive and pretty cheap on the price side and gets u started on opening up the facia....but only if u have that style garnish. What im looking for is actual duct work from behind the.....i guess this is what im saying:
If im understanding this correct, $1000.00 gets you a hole in a modified garnish and all that it does is blow air inside the cavity..thats it. The CJM pc you just showed me proves my point..they can offer that same function for a fraction of the cost and it looks great.
Im just asking if civic community has see aftermarket duct work for this gen and if theres not...would community be interested in one? Or are brake upgrades enough?
Does having air blown to oem or after market brakes worth it?

Honda Civic 10th gen Brake duct?? Screenshot_20201106-142739

circuit.heart

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Sport (Si converted), '94 525i x2
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmmm i understand the hose directly to center of disk brake or cutting a hole..weld a round sleeve and adapt a hose...i havent gotten there yet.
Im not sure im following you from the foglight hole. Fog light hole seams way out poiting to center of tire. Having duct work made from center of garnish is way closer to wheel well side wall so as to avoid extreme 90 degree ducts. I have the garnish to behind the wheel well liner figured out..its going under wiper tank. Issue is coming out liner from front of tire and hug the wall. I testing different designs.
But my question was apples to apples...ilif duct work was made to match the $500.00 a pc feom front of garnish to behind wheel well liner..would that be a tempting alternative for way less than say 500 a pair or even less or would a full duct work from garnish to disk brake be more tempting for say...hmmm under 600 or less?
I made my duct for $10. The front end of this car is so long, you have plenty of space to route the hose anywhere you want. I went into the engine bay instead of the brake rotor but the 4" hose could have been turned out instead of turned in.

Keep it simple.

EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
Country flag
I made my duct for $10. The front end of this car is so long, you have plenty of space to route the hose anywhere you want. I went into the engine bay instead of the brake rotor but the 4" hose could have been turned out instead of turned in.

Keep it simple.
If possible..can u provide pics of your work? Thx

Honda Civic 10th gen Brake duct?? Screenshot_20201106-171432