WhiteorchidX

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Civic Sedan 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
Hey all, I’m new to the site but have been on a few forums here before for some installs and other maintenance info. I’m gonna flush my brakes this weekend and that’s easy enough however.. does the clutch feed from the master cylinder or have it’s own slave cylinder? I’ve got a 1.5L EX-T 6MT. If there’s a slave cylinder I just open the bleeder valve and pump the clutch similar to doing brakes, no?

Thanks for any info in advance!
Sponsored

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag
i downloaded that and unzipped it, but how do i view the manual?

it just has a bunch of folders and files, what do i click on?
Click twice on FIREFOXPORTABLEESR and then on FIREFOXPORTABLE.
choose Civic and the year.
(ensure that your browser is closed before you do)
Enjoy

mikey003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic
Country flag
Click twice on FIREFOXPORTABLEESR and then on FIREFOXPORTABLE.
choose Civic and the year.
(ensure that your browser is closed before you do)
Enjoy
is this the actual service manual from honda??

mikey003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic
Country flag
How did you like it?
its great....thanks for it

i just wish the list was a bit more organized and easier to find things, but oh well,

i was mainly looking for torque specs on things like CVT drain and fill plugs, etc etc, which i did find

i didnt look too hard or closely yet, but i couldnt seem to find anything on the coolant drain and fill

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag
You have to go towards the end for the “how to”, the beginning of the manual is more like service bulletins and so on. It takes a while to get around.
You will like it, I’m sure.

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
when bleeding the clutch, do you guys know if the wooden block is necessary as it is stated in the manual? also, for a full brake and clutch bleed, will 1qt of the fluid be sufficient?

Honda Civic 10th gen Brake/Clutch fluid flush {filename}

It may be necessary to limit the movement of the release fork with a block of wood to remove all the air from the system.

fjrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 4 door LX with CVT
Country flag
Amazed that the forum overseers would allow someone to give away the shop manual here. It's not free from Honda so why should this forum offer it free to its viewers? Looters after a flood, etc.

fjrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 4 door LX with CVT
Country flag
"It may be necessary to limit the movement of the release fork with a block of wood to remove all the air from the system."

You're just pushing/retracting the piston as far as it will go to remove all the fluid and bubbles from the cylinder. In normal operation when the clutch is engaged (pedal not pressed} the piston in the slave cylinder doesn't go all the way to the end of travel. There is fluid and possibly bubbles in this never explored portion of the cylinder.

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
"It may be necessary to limit the movement of the release fork with a block of wood to remove all the air from the system."

You're just pushing/retracting the piston as far as it will go to remove all the fluid and bubbles from the cylinder. In normal operation when the clutch is engaged (pedal not pressed} the piston in the slave cylinder doesn't go all the way to the end of travel. There is fluid and possibly bubbles in this never explored portion of the cylinder.
so why would I want to put a block to limit the pedal/piston travel if there are bubbles of air? I'm not sure if I understand your statement
Sponsored