Sofa King

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L hatch
Country flag
My daughter wants blue calipers on her black hatchback. I saw these caliper wraps https://www.rvinyl.com/3M-Caliper-Wraps.html I noticed they say the vinyl is good for 150f. I contacted the company, they say above 150 the adhesive will melt. I looked up on the 3M web site for the product, making sure there wasn't a celsius/ fahrenheit mixup, there was not. So I checked my 2018 EX-L hatch after running a few errands around town, over 150f with a temp gun on the calipers.
Unless someone has good experience with this stuff I'm calling bull cookies on this being a good idea.
Sponsored

Pe0plez

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
I wouldn't trust anything that isn't paint or powder coating on calipers. They can get way too hot.

OP
OP
Sofa King

Sofa King

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L hatch
Country flag
I wouldn't trust anything that isn't paint or powder coating on calipers. They can get way too hot.
That's what I thought. How can they sell a product they know won't work? And then admit it when questioned? I guess a fool and his money...

JoshFK7

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I work in vinyl and 150F is not that high relatively for cast or reflective vinyl films. For perspective, black vinyl on a car hood on a 100F day can reach up to 170F.

On the actual 3M Series 680 product data bulletin, they actually claim a temperature range up to 200F. So this could actually be a good product for brakes.

I am more skeptical of the claimed 9 year durability. I wouldn't leave this on your car for more than 3.
Sponsored