OP
saiko21

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
@saiko21 another vote for the Speedibleed. Picked one up and it’s been a (1) person brake bleeding game changer.

Step by step post of the Speedibleed in action can be found here
Yes, I got it already
Sponsored

razz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sentra
Country flag
I've never swapped the brake fluid before. My car is a 2017 civic. The bleeder screws are rusted, S in in the rust belt (toronto). There any danger is getting air in the system when replacing the bleed screws? What's the proper way to replace a bleed screw without introducing air in the system?

Last edited:

MarcusgibbS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2000 EM1
Country flag
I've never swapped the brake fluid before. My car is a 2017 civic. The bleeder screws are rusted, S in in the rust belt (toronto). There any danger is getting air in the system when replacing the bleed screws? What's the proper way to replace a bleed screw without introducing air in the system?
If they snap or round off then you may need new calipers unless you can extract the bleeder screw.
But pumping and holding the pedal down when opening/loosening the bleeder screw or using a brake bleeder.

However replacing the bleeder screws will definitely add air so you will need a few bottles of dot 3 or dot 4 brake fluid. If you drive hard dot 4 has a higher boiling point so it can handle more heat.

Also brake fluid is hygroscopic which means it absorbs water when opened so you want to make sure you put the cap back on the bottle quickly and your master cylinder before pumping the pedal to bleed the brakes. Always buy new if you aren’t sure about an old bottle.

It’s NOT a good idea to try since it will make your car undriveable if you get too much air in the system. The pedal will go to the floor easily and you will have little to no brake pressure.

If you have a clutch it will likely get air as well since I believe all 10th gen civics share slave cylinder with the master.

Watch some videos about it and it may make more sense if this doesn’t.
In your case I’d say if it ain’t broke don’t fix it without experience.

TOYFAN2

First Name
ANDREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 LX, 2019 SPORT SEDAN 2.0, 2021 SPORT 2.0
Country flag
I USED this and it works wonders and can bleed the entire system by myself.
Honda Civic 10th gen Brake bleeding Kit 1711997768085-bb
Sponsored