Brake Bleed Sequence

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Would you mind explaining the process of using it dry? I thought you fill the thing with brake fluid and it forces the old stuff out. How do you use it dry?
top off the reservoir and just use the motive to pressurize it. Top off as necessary by undoing the cap and refilling it. This is a way, way easier proposition with the screw on cap. I cant imagine trying to redo the universal cap every time.
Sponsored

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
I would probably unscrew the motive bleeder to depressurize before unscrew of the adaptor cap over the brake reservoir, just Incase the pressure might blow the fluid in reservoir out.

What I’m wondering though is if this brake bleed method will help pressurize the clutch bleed as well so you don’t have to pump the clutch pedal

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 STI, 15 CRV, 16 Civic RS Turbo, 18 Civic Type R
Country flag
For Brembo brakes, the STI FSM states to bleed the inner side then the outer side.

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
Has anyone changed the bleeder valve and preventative maintence so it does not seize in the future?

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
did anybody hear an unsettling noise coming from the engine bay when they did their brake fluid change?

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Per Honda (Source: ShopkeyPro)

Bleeding Sequence:
Front drivers side (outside bleeder then inside bleeder)
Front passengers side (outside bleeder then inside bleeder)
Rear passenger side
Rear driver side

Apply and release the parking brake 5 times then bleed the rear brakes again (Note: When bleeding the brake system, air can get trapped inside the rear calipers. This is due to the complex fluid path inside electric parking brake calipers. Therefor, this procedure is necessary)

Front Bleeder Torque Spec: 14 lb-ft
Rear Bleeder Torque spec: 17 lb-ft
Just wanted to correct this that the torque specs here are wrong. I'll need to retorque mine after following these and correct my video lol.

From Honda
Front on type r: 10 ft lb
Rear on type r: 13 ft lb

I don't think I went to 14 for the fronts maybe 12 as it felt a little much. I'll have to check again.

Honda Civic 10th gen Brake Bleed Sequence Screenshot_20200615-075021

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
I am actually curious if Billman's S2000 procedure would apply here.
S2000 Billman's guide uses Right Front (passenger), Left Front (driver), Left Rear, Right Rear. Idea of this is to prevent mixing of old/new brake fluid per S2000, despite honda recommending LF, RF, RR, LR

elmerzasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Mixing of fresh and old fluid is inevitable (unless you create full vacuum in the system) and in practice the bleeding sequence doesn't really matter, because most of us will use surplus fresh fluid anyway and bleed all corners many times during one brake job.

FWIW the sequence recommended by Honda makes no sense considering the layout of the brake wires (on LHD cars at least). The RF is the closest to the reservoir since this where the ABS is.

did anybody hear an unsettling noise coming from the engine bay when they did their brake fluid change?
Yes, that's fluid moving in the lines.
Sponsored