turbo_snail

First Name
Shan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
Brag about your civic splitter and all skirting mods.
Very first post here and a brand new, three day civic hatchback owner here and already on the prowl for add ons, so let me know what you got going on with your after market exterior work!

My plans are, front splitter, silver splitter rods, matte black hood decal, some foreign manufacturer stickers cause why not, eventually a nice black spoiler, purple halos when I get a chance to invest in that, bar undercarriage lighting, and why not add some dark side window tint and a tow hook in the front for good measures, right? She will look mighty different than what I have pictured now!

Honda Civic 10th gen Brag about your front Splitter... IMG_3018.JPG
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I have the abs dynamic type r style front lip, but will be selling it soon as it’s too low for my car, going the bayson lip route. Haven’t gotten a chance to get actual good photos of it, here’s a snippet of it though.

Honda Civic 10th gen Brag about your front Splitter... 513B2363-C8C1-4D15-BC34-996230C99E15

OP
OP
turbo_snail

turbo_snail

First Name
Shan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
I have the abs dynamic type r style front lip, but will be selling it soon as it’s too low for my car, going the bayson lip route. Haven’t gotten a chance to get actual good photos of it, here’s a snippet of it though.

513B2363-C8C1-4D15-BC34-996230C99E15.jpeg
That's too bad cause that looks clean! I like that pop of red that coordinates with the type r badges. Do you like poly material or aluminum better for a splitter and/or side skirts? I can't decide on which material to go with, so what has your experience been like with the abs splitter? Did you get any scrape guards or protection for under the splitter?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
+1 for abs dynamics R lip, love how aggressive it sits

If you decide to go this route you'll probably scrape it even at stock height, I scrape mine fairly often if I'm not careful

Honda Civic 10th gen Brag about your front Splitter... unnamed

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's too bad cause that looks clean! I like that pop of red that coordinates with the type r badges. Do you like poly material or aluminum better for a splitter and/or side skirts? I can't decide on which material to go with, so what has your experience been like with the abs splitter? Did you get any scrape guards or protection for under the splitter?
If you keep it stock height you’ll scrap but you’ll be fine. For me I’m on Eibach sport line lowering springs so I sit pretty low. With this it’s a guarantee scrap every driveway I go on. Love the look, but can’t enjoy driving because I’m too busy cringing at every scrap lol. So definitely looking to replace and maybe sell if it’s not too badly beaten up. I’m more of a poly material only because it’s usually cheaper and splitters take a good amount of beating. So if it breaks or rips off I won’t be too effected by it money wise since it’s easy to replace. I didn’t have any protection under it because I didn’t think it was going to be that bad, but the damage is already done and I decided to go a different route with the lip also. The bayson lip I bought protection for (I bought SlipLo to prevent scraps) even though I know it won’t need as much because it sits about stock height as opposed to the abs one which sits about 2 in lower

OP
OP
turbo_snail

turbo_snail

First Name
Shan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
+1 for abs dynamics R lip, love how aggressive it sits

If you decide to go this route you'll probably scrape it even at stock height, I scrape mine fairly often if I'm not careful

unnamed.jpg
oooohhhh that's a very, very nice job there, let me just use this as a reference piece as I get started! So that is 2/2 for ABS products, I was looking a lot at Aeroflow, but I may need to take another look at ABS.
What is that lower light application you have on there? The second modifier I want is something with light work, it really takes it into a whole other level, and just like you said makes it look more aggressive when you start to work on those details like that.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
oooohhhh that's a very, very nice job there, let me just use this as a reference piece as I get started! So that is 2/2 for ABS products, I was looking a lot at Aeroflow, but I may need to take another look at ABS.
What is that lower light application you have on there? The second modifier I want is something with light work, it really takes it into a whole other level, and just like you said makes it look more aggressive when you start to work on those details like that.
i believe they have still discontinued the lip, I think they only offer a carbon wrapped version which is a bit pricey imo

and the foglight? I have lamin-x films foglight tint on it, cheap $15 mod that really adds to the look. If you have LED's then film will change the color pretty well enough without needing to change the bulb. I've ran a few colors over the years and no complaints

OP
OP
turbo_snail

turbo_snail

First Name
Shan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
I got the Kylie's collection of lips on mine. Side skirts are custom-made by my buddy.
PSX_20201006_102221-01.jpeg
PSX_20201009_130400-01.jpeg
PSX_20200513_142433-01.jpeg
You really didn't have to flex that carbon fiber on me that much, but man that is absolutely outstanding! I considered carbon fiber, but once you get one piece in there like that, everything has to be carbon fiber, and you did it right! A bit out of my price range, but that is a crazy clean look!
That might be a filter but on one of the photos the headlight looks like a green tint, What kind of work did you do there?

OP
OP
turbo_snail

turbo_snail

First Name
Shan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
i believe they have still discontinued the lip, I think they only offer a carbon wrapped version which is a bit pricey imo

and the foglight? I have lamin-x films foglight tint on it, cheap $15 mod that really adds to the look. If you have LED's then film will change the color pretty well enough without needing to change the bulb. I've ran a few colors over the years and no complaints

Yeah for the foglight, I want to get halos at some point for the headlights, but I don't want to replace the whole piece already after only having the car for 4 days now, so a tint seems like a good project to warm up to before replacing a whole chunk of the front for now. Someday though, for the halos!
I will for sure check out that film for my LED's soon, thank you for the recommendation!

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You really didn't have to flex that carbon fiber on me that much, but man that is absolutely outstanding! I considered carbon fiber, but once you get one piece in there like that, everything has to be carbon fiber, and you did it right! A bit out of my price range, but that is a crazy clean look!
That might be a filter but on one of the photos the headlight looks like a green tint, What kind of work did you do there?
I cheated with the wrap. Can't afford cf parts like that :)) The overlays on the DRL and fog lights are my products. Been making them and selling them since 2018.

OP
OP
turbo_snail

turbo_snail

First Name
Shan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
If you keep it stock height you’ll scrap but you’ll be fine. For me I’m on Eibach sport line lowering springs so I sit pretty low. With this it’s a guarantee scrap every driveway I go on. Love the look, but can’t enjoy driving because I’m too busy cringing at every scrap lol. So definitely looking to replace and maybe sell if it’s not too badly beaten up. I’m more of a poly material only because it’s usually cheaper and splitters take a good amount of beating. So if it breaks or rips off I won’t be too effected by it money wise since it’s easy to replace. I didn’t have any protection under it because I didn’t think it was going to be that bad, but the damage is already done and I decided to go a different route with the lip also. The bayson lip I bought protection for (I bought SlipLo to prevent scraps) even though I know it won’t need as much because it sits about stock height as opposed to the abs one which sits about 2 in lower
Yeah, I can't imagine going any lower than the stock is and where I work everyday the drive is a >5" incline immediately, so I've been mapping out other ways to get there just so I don't scrape because that is inevitable! I'd walk 10 min from a whole other lot just to avoid that.
Thats what I figured with poly especially on the bumpers cause the plastic is colored black, so scrapes just stay black looking instead of revealing metal underneath.
I was looking at SlipLo, but unless it's carbon fiber you could almost buy a whole other splitter for a couple packs of the protectors! They look like a great product though so rock on with it! I will look at Bayson though cause a 2" drop for the front lip is a lot, so that's tough to like you said, constantly worry about.
It looks great though! So maybe a little worry won't hurt too much.
How long did you have your ABS lip on for?

OP
OP
turbo_snail

turbo_snail

First Name
Shan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
I cheated with the wrap. Can't afford cf parts like that :)) The overlays on the DRL and fog lights are my products. Been making them and selling them since 2018.

Well maybe some day you will get there, but you fooled me from the photos! What is your instagram or website for the headlights? I'd like to look into them!

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Here's what the Aeroflow looks like if you were curious

Honda Civic 10th gen Brag about your front Splitter... 20200421_184339

Honda Civic 10th gen Brag about your front Splitter... 20200421_184313

Honda Civic 10th gen Brag about your front Splitter... Screenshot_20201120-161955_Gallery

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, I can't imagine going any lower than the stock is and where I work everyday the drive is a >5" incline immediately, so I've been mapping out other ways to get there just so I don't scrape because that is inevitable! I'd walk 10 min from a whole other lot just to avoid that.
Thats what I figured with poly especially on the bumpers cause the plastic is colored black, so scrapes just stay black looking instead of revealing metal underneath.
I was looking at SlipLo, but unless it's carbon fiber you could almost buy a whole other splitter for a couple packs of the protectors! They look like a great product though so rock on with it! I will look at Bayson though cause a 2" drop for the front lip is a lot, so that's tough to like you said, constantly worry about.
It looks great though! So maybe a little worry won't hurt too much.
How long did you have your ABS lip on for?
I found a promo code for them and bought it for $91 so I pulled the trigger. I just got 1 set, don’t need any more than that. I didn’t have the lip on long at all maybe a month if not less lol.
Sponsored