*bows head in shame* Wood glue on the passenger seat.

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R, 2023 Indian Sport Chief
Country flag
In light of current events I'm catching up on some home improvement projects, I picked up some wood glue and epoxy for one of them, and apparently the wood glue cap was open. I get home, see some has spilled on the seat (about the size of a nickel) and proceed to shriek, run into the house for a wet rag (water soluble glue) and wipe it up. I check back the next day and see a slightly darker than the stock red stain on the seat. I figure I'm hosed at this point, read online that white vinegar could remove the residue, but I don't want to make a mild annoyance lesson learned into a bigger problem. Anyone have any suggestions? :)
Sponsored

d15b7

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 1995 Civic EG K24/20 EFR7163 Fortune Auto track weapon
Country flag
"and proceed to shriek" sorry but that made me smile! thanks for that!

i'm not a detailing expert but I think perhaps I'd suggest trying to steam out the discolored area? warm steam might help remove the rest of the glue residue, if you can dab at it with a dry cloth. i'd be careful using chemicals or solvents (not sure about vinegar) on our seats. good luck man!

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
Keep the area wet with some water and run to an auto parts store and get some Tuff Stuff aerosol cleaner. Works wonders for me!!

Honda Civic 10th gen *bows head in shame* Wood glue on the passenger seat. EE52874D-81ED-4A5B-A6CA-A5708EEE9416

Pzb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Country flag
Water soluble glue. Glue is bound into the fabric. Soak with warm water and let it break down the glue. Don’t scrub otherwise you will fray the seat fabric. Use a wet vac. Not certain? Put the wood glue on an old shirt, etc and test it out.

evolute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Some alcantara/suede cleaner should hopefully work. If that doesn’t work then an extractor would be my next course of action.

Legitskip

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Goo gone? That shit works for everything lol
Sponsored