BOV sound plate?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting, I've never seen anything like that either. Looks like it may only be a partial vent, which would make it particularly desirable for some.

Bmorecivic

Bmore turbo civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
I found this on eBay while browsing civic parts.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/322411293263

Never heard of anything like this, any thoughts?
You know I've also noticed this. Obviously the price is better than the $170 Boomba charges for their BOV.
I'm curious if it's what I need. I just want the sound..don't really care about any tuning per se

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Interesting.. I wonder how much bomba marks up their bov

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting.. I wonder how much bomba marks up their bov
To Boomba's credit, I'm sure a lot more go into an actual BOV. While I'm not sure the BOV is worth the money to me I would also say this plate seems a bit expensive for a small piece of metal.

Pepinho

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Reviews look good, but I'm always skeptical about reviews. He accepts returns so if anything buy it and return it if anything goes wrong. Also eBay has your back when making purchases of defective products.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
You know I've also noticed this. Obviously the price is better than the $170 Boomba charges for their BOV.
I'm curious if it's what I need. I just want the sound..don't really care about any tuning per se
You can't tune a BOV to work on this car. You don't run a BOV on this car. Doesn't work properly.

RedFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CTR
Country flag

It's a plate that goes in between your stock oem recirc valve diaphragm and blocks the recirc air port forcing the boost to vent to atmosphere through the plate instead of recirculating back into the system between shifts and even partial throttle. You'll get that loud blow off sound for sure. It's a cheaper alternative to buying a VTA BOV. Since our cars are MAF and already takes the recirc air into consideration I wouldn't recommend it. It'll run peg rich when it vents. Not worth the clogged cats later on down the road in my opinion. It'll do more harm than good.

Pepinho

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's a plate that goes in between your stock oem recirc valve diaphragm and blocks the recirc air port forcing the boost to vent to atmosphere through the plate instead of recirculating back into the system between shifts and even partial throttle. You'll get that loud blow off sound for sure. It's a cheaper alternative to buying a VTA BOV. Since our cars are MAF and already takes the recirc air into consideration I wouldn't recommend it. It'll run peg rich when it vents. Not worth the clogged cats later on down the road in my opinion. It'll do more harm than good.
But does is reduce performance?

RedFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CTR
Country flag
But does is reduce performance?
It's an endless debate on whether or not it hurts performance. Some will slap a bov on just for the sound anyways. Theres quite a few threads that cover it. In the end it is your vehicle and its up to you if you want to run one or not. Here's a link that covers a little bit on it.

http://www.civicx.com/threads/vent-to-atmosphere-type-blow-offs.10268/

Look for the comments coming from a well known tuner @VitViper he's done a lot of research on VTA BOVs and has the datalogs to show it's running super rich while venting to atmosphere.

Last edited:

Pepinho

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's an endless debate on whether or not it hurts performance. Some will slap a bov on just for the sound anyways. Theres quite a few threads that cover it. In the end it is your vehicle and its up to you if you want to run one or not. Here's a link that covers a little bit on it.

http://www.civicx.com/threads/vent-to-atmosphere-type-blow-offs.10268/

Look for the comments coming from a well known tuner @VitViper he's done a lot of research on VTA BOVs and has the datalogs to show it's running super rich while venting to atmosphere.
Just read through that whole thing. Thanks for the link. That definitely cleared things up. No VTA BOV!
Sponsored