OP
booost

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Also, you mentioned not having ramps or jacks. Installing a true CAI involves taking off the skid plate as well as a few other parts from underneath the car. Everything with the Mishi is done from above. It's essentially two bolts and the hose. I'm not car savvy yet, and it was a 30 minute job for me. Just look it up on YouTube.

Having said that, if the PRL was legal, I'd go with it because it does sound cool. Neither one is going to give any noticeable difference in power however, IMO.
Ya, that's a big one for me too... The mishsi is giving you some sound though, some performance?
Sponsored

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I'm not insinuating anything, it IS illegal as is the 27Won. But many will argue that you won't need to worry about it for another 5 years when you need get the car SMOG'd. But still, for me, I'd rather go with a company that has taken the time to get it CARB certified.
Oh you live in Cali? I’m glad I don’t live there and have to succumb to those strict ass requirements lol. Perfectly legal here in SoFlo ✊?

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
California laws is what he is talking about... I luckily don't have to worry about that in rainy South Florida.
Sameeeeee! What part?

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
There are several states, counties, or cities across the US that have adopted CARB. It's not just California.

bmfontdevila

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@booost SoFlo let's go. If you ever want to hear how absolutely loud the PRL Cobra is I'm on the SWFL coast, over in Broward alot to see some boys over that way every month.

OP
OP
booost

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m out in West Palm Beach. I’m game to rally down WPB or something. Lehh go

OP
OP
booost

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Just curious how does the sound of the BOV combine with cold air intakes? Anyone have experience or videos of it?

Yeah it's always a surprise hearing the PRL intake next to a sound reflective body. I know in my head that it's loud because I can hear the sound explode outwards but I've never heard it "next" to me.

Also sometimes when I'm driving uphill at a constant speed, all I hear is SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS and I wonder if people think my car is broken lol
Mine sounds great to me. I’ll see if I can catch a video tonight

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m down to round up the civics in south Florida! I just have to finish breaking In the clutch before I can really get on it again and hear that hissssss sound.
Sponsored