Bought out my lease šŸ˜Ž

pcsavvy

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (Sonic Gray Pearl)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am not sure if this is right spot but I decided to buy out my lease due to the car shortage and I just love my 2020 Hatchback Sport. :cool: The 11th generation really did not inspire me to buy.
Now I can do mods to my car with impunity.
I already added the OEM splash guards, OEM LED fog lights and LED interior lights.
My wish list for future mods is Ktuner, OEM Automatic Dimming mirror with homelink, OEM rear usb ports, tint the windows, under seat subwoofer, and possibly change out the front headlights with brighter bulbs. Not sure if I want to change out the wheels or not. Once these original tires wear out, I might put on summer tires at least.
Sponsored

PN_man

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si (Lunar Silver)
Country flag
If that's a manual, it's the trim I would have bought if I could have found it, though I would miss the heated seats.

DadBodMod17

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic 4dr Si.
Country flag
I'm signing my buyout paperwork next week! Luckily I have a remote job so if/when my car breaks something I'm not totally screwed...

Dealer: "Sir, would you like the extended warranty?"
Me: "nah...."
Dealer: "...??..."
Me: "...."
Dealer: "Ok... moving on...

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congratulations! Bought mine out a week ago too, easy decision given the market at the moment šŸ¤™šŸ¤™

OP
OP
pcsavvy

pcsavvy

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My car is the CVT, unfortunately, I injured my arms at work (Severe Tennis Elbow in the right arm) so I can no longer drive a stick. But I have fun in this one.:cool:

Edit: I bought out my lease 4 months early due to the possibility of interest rates increasing even more going forward. The interest rates had already gone up once according to my salesman and Honda had sent out an announcement that the rates were going up again in a few days from when I put in the paperwork.
Now, I am just waiting on the pay off letter so I can cancel some stuff that was added onto my lease and get a pro-rated refund.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Dealer: "Sir, would you like the extended warranty?"
Me: "nah...."
Dealer: "...??..."
Me: "...."
Dealer: "Ok... moving on...
If you can extend the manufacturer warranty, I would. Honda's extended manufacturer warranties are relatively cheap and it's only a matter of time before your a/c starts giving you issues.

DadBodMod17

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic 4dr Si.
Country flag
If you can extend the manufacturer warranty, I would. Honda's extended manufacturer warranties are relatively cheap and it's only a matter of time before your a/c starts giving you issues.
Yeah I did think about that. I don't often use the AC though as it's such a power drain. I also thought that Honda extended the warranty on Civic AC's due to a known possible factory defect, regardless of the state of the original factory warranty. Could be wrong on that... I'll double check with the dealer tomorrow before I sign.

OP
OP
pcsavvy

pcsavvy

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, this time I only got the extended Honda warranty.
I take it to an Autonation dealer and the repair costs nothing and they give me a loaner. If go to another dealer it is $100 and a loaner. So I figure if an expensive warrantied item breaks, I don't have to worry.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I did think about that. I don't often use the AC though as it's such a power drain. I also thought that Honda extended the warranty on Civic AC's due to a known possible factory defect, regardless of the state of the original factory warranty. Could be wrong on that... I'll double check with the dealer tomorrow before I sign.
Honda only extended the warranty on the a/c condenser. Not the entire a/c system. The other major components, compressor and evaporator are well known to crap out and they cost thousands to repair. Rear shocks and wheel bearings are a common failure as well. With how cheap their warranty is, I'd recommend getting it.

Last edited:

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No need to check...you are correct. Honda sent letters out concerning the issue and indeed extended the warranty period for the AC issues on the Civic.
Just the condenser, not the entire a/c system. Compressor and evaporator are common failures as well. Believe me, I know first hand as do many of us. I need a new condenser(for the second time), and this time the compressor also needs replacement. Condenser is covered under the extended 10 years warranty, and $1925 tax in. is the damage to my pocketbook for the compressor.

Last edited:

DadBodMod17

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic 4dr Si.
Country flag
Honda only extended the warranty on the a/c condenser. Not the entire a/c system. The other major components, compressor and evaporator are well known to crap out and they cost thousands to repair. Rear shocks and wheel bearings are a common failure as well. With how cheap their warranty is, I'd recommend getting it.
Solid points. The warranty would cover non-drivetrain related items like the bearings and shocks? Didnā€™t think that far ahead. Just figured they would see bolt-on after market parts (plan for full bolt on), run the ECU, could tell itā€™s been tuned (though theyā€™ll always get it in factory stock to avoid abuse), and that would void out the full warranty.

DadBodMod17

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic 4dr Si.
Country flag
Welpā€¦ i got the warranty extension. Confirmed that only motor/transmission would not be covered. All other mechanical issues will not be a problem. I appreciate the feedback everyone!! My KTuner just delivered today as wellā€¦ time to play.

OP
OP
pcsavvy

pcsavvy

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just wanted to update, I added ceramic tint to the car and now find I really don't need to replace the rear view mirror since the tint cuts the glare a lot from bright headlights. As finances allow, I am going to install the oem rear USB ports and thinking about adding in the oem console illumination. I kind of want to add the oem spoiler but I am not sure if it is worth the cost. I have replaced the tires with some Generals and it's not as noisy when I drive.
I haven't installed a subwoofer yet. I wonder if i install the window visors will it help protect the windows somewhat from bird poop when parked?
Sponsored