bought a used 2018 civic ex. it only came with: owners guide, consumer info, warranty disk. Also if i change battery do i need a reset code ?

idoc777

First Name
monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ex
Country flag
here's a pic of the manuals i got. owners, warranty, and consumer guide. . AM I MISSING ANYTHING? also if i am
Honda Civic 10th gen bought a used 2018 civic ex.  it only came with:  owners guide, consumer info, warranty disk.  Also if i change battery do i need a reset code ? 20200525_102839[1]
Sponsored

OP
OP

idoc777

First Name
monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ex
Country flag
oh.. if i change out the battery. will it reset the radio computer unit? do i need a reset code to get it to function again? where do i find that code?

samt2497

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicX HB EX
Country flag
That should be enough, if you reset the headunit, it will ask you to just press the power button.
- Needs to be done while the engine is running.
- Validates that the headunit matches the car VIN.
- Might validate GPS info ( could take up to 10m )
- Done.

I've done this process around 5 times in my EX Hatchback.

So if your headunit matches the car, there will never be an issue, also there is a honda website that allows you to request an unlock code, but I really doubt you will need it.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
As @samt2497 noted, you shouldn't need the radio code. But just in case, refer to this thread for instructions regarding how to retrieve your code. Better safe than sorry.

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Radio takes its code from the original PCM, so no need for an external code.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Also... Honda did away with the printed owner's manual as standard issue. But you can order one at their 'my honda' (or whatever it is) website. Mine was free. Not sure if yours would be or not. It should be easy to search for the info. Good luck.
Sponsored