Bought a Sonic Gray Pearl CTR 2/22/19

novaSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R Sonic Gray Pearl
Country flag
I just bought a CTR and I really enjoy the car. It has been 9 years since I sold I my S2000. I really miss Honda performance.

I test drove many cars including the C7, Camaro SS 1LE to name a few. I was very close to buying the Camaro SS 1LE. I wanted to test drive the CTR but none of the local dealers would let me not to mention they also had a substantial mark up over MSRP. Last Thursday I found a dealer in NJ who let me test drive the CTR on the little closed course they have at the dealership. That was all it took.

In many ways it reminds me of my S2000 but in other ways it is a step above. The low end torque of the CTR makes it a lot more enjoyable and the interior and technology are special. Not to mention the additional space of the CTR makes it so much easier to use as a daily driver. I can put my grandson's car seat in the back. I might be one of the older members here at age 52 but I refuse to grow up.

I am looking forward to being active in the CTR community.
Sponsored

18TypeR-13922

First Name
ADM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR, 2022 MDX A-Spec, 2015 Accord EXL
Country flag
I just bought a CTR and I really enjoy the car. It has been 9 years since I sold I my S2000. I really miss Honda performance.

I test drove many cars including the C7, Camaro SS 1LE to name a few. I was very close to buying the Camaro SS 1LE. I wanted to test drive the CTR but none of the local dealers would let me not to mention they also had a substantial mark up over MSRP. Last Thursday I found a dealer in NJ who let me test drive the CTR on the little closed course they have at the dealership. That was all it took.

In many ways it reminds me of my S2000 but in other ways it is a step above. The low end torque of the CTR makes it a lot more enjoyable and the interior and technology are special. Not to mention the additional space of the CTR makes it so much easier to use as a daily driver. I can put my grandson's car seat in the back. I might be one of the older members here at age 52 but I refuse to grow up.

Welcome aboard!

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Just saw my first blue CTR today in Upstate NY. I'd never been a fan of the color previously, but this one looked pretty awesome.

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura RDX Aspec, 2019 Civic Si (wife's)
Country flag
Congrats on your Aegean Blue Metallic CTR. Haha!

Edit: Just say that you meant Sonic Grey... Congrats again!

Last edited:

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats but I think you meant Sonic Grey Pearl, not blue ;-)

OP
OP
novaSH

novaSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I fixed the title. Not a very auspicious start for me on the forum.

Thank you for the warm welcome.
LOL no worry. Didn’t want the rough ones beat you down for it ;-)

zsak

First Name
Tej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Turbo S2000, 2014 SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee , 1998 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
Congrats!! Curious what made you jump on the R over the SS1LE besides the obvious being the R is more useful. How did the fun aspect compare? I always like hearing different thoughts.

OP
OP
novaSH

novaSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The SS1LE handles extremely well and has a lot of power. There really are not a lot places to use all that power as a daily driver in the Philadelphia area. While the Recaro seats are very supportive and well made the rest of the interior feels cheap and dated. What really swayed me, beyond being a Honda enthusiast, with the CTR I feel very connected with the car and in control. With the SS1LE it felt more like I was along for the ride and just trying to control the car. With the CTR I can make any drive fun and entertaining while with the SS 1LE it needs a track to be enjoyed.[/QUOTE]

think3mm

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
I'm 52 with my *daughters* car seat in the back of my SGP Type-R. Yeah you're old, but not that old. :rofl:

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Congrats on the purchase
Sponsored