OP
sgtmorph

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (Boost Blue)
Country flag
Congratulations! I hit 200 miles on my 2019 Ralley Red Coupe today picked up on 2/2/19 (Do not drive much in the snow/ice/etc in the north east). A couple of questions: 1) I LOVE the idea of the center caps. Can someone link me where I can purchase? That is simply bad ass and will look fantastic on my car and every coupe in Ralley Red frankly! Also 2) Totally confused by break in ... My Dad bought a Saturn SKY several years back and was told that "break in" consists of "drive it like you stole it" ... The idea is that you just break in the car by pushing the limits and maximizing the parameters of the engine. I honestly do not know what to do so I have been ultra conservative keeping breaking to a min and easy (not hard breaking) no hard accelerating and have only hit maybe 4200 in revs... They (whomever they are) claim that the dyno of car with a hard break in shows higher net horsepower. ??? Thoughts?

Thanks!!! I love the car so far.
Regarding break-in....Iā€™ve read a ton of articles about this topic and the wide range of results are so varied that who to believe is difficult. Honda recommends babying the car so it lasts longer and that ultimately makes them look good for public relations. And would obviously make it last for a very long time as the miles add up.

Other things Iā€™ve read say to beat the piss out of the car right off the lot to make the piston rings seat much quicker and then do an oil change asap, which makes for a stronger and more powerful motor.

Iā€™ve decided that since mine is a lease, Iā€™m not beating up on the car with redlines and pounding the brakes, but Iā€™m not babying it either. I still get on her a bit when I feel the itch. Other times Iā€™m just goin along normally. Iā€™m just driving it the way I prefer to, as if Iā€™ve had it for awhile. ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
Sponsored

Turtle3000

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe , 2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 SE
Country flag
Itā€™s a 2018 that my dealer got this summer with 5 miles on it and parked it. Luckily for me, it spent the whole time raised up on the lift like many others there, while others were parked underneath. No flat spots on the tires FTW :)

n9GN96q.jpg

llBDEjA.jpg

JuL9tkV.jpg

MhPTKrk.jpg

And now sheā€™s parked away safely for the night. Already did my first mod on the way home. Stopped at my friends garage to install 6K HIDā€™s :)
CONGRATULATIONS! Welcome to the club, brother. It is a fun and welcoming community!

stingray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX-P Coupe, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
My first choice was Lunar Silver but they had no more lol.
TBH, with the exception of the dark grey and that bile yellow, I think all the other colors look great IMO.
We call it baby poop yellow

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Itā€™s a 2018 that my dealer got this summer with 5 miles on it and parked it. Luckily for me, it spent the whole time raised up on the lift like many others there, while others were parked underneath. No flat spots on the tires FTW :)

n9GN96q.jpg

llBDEjA.jpg

JuL9tkV.jpg

MhPTKrk.jpg

And now sheā€™s parked away safely for the night. Already did my first mod on the way home. Stopped at my friends garage to install 6K HIDā€™s :)
Congratulations! I know you will enjoy driving this. Lots of good mods available without voiding the warranty. Even more available if you don't care about that.

OP
OP
sgtmorph

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Congratulations! I know you will enjoy driving this. Lots of good mods available without voiding the warranty. Even more available if you don't care about that.
Thanks! Iā€™m starting slow since itā€™s a lease.
Simple stuff like I installed HIDā€™s and relocated my front plate, then Iā€™ll do interior LEDā€™s, chrome delete, heavier shift knob, etc. Eventually maybe a prokit drop and some wheels. All reversible stuff. Undecided on tuning yet, still wanna do more research. Loving the car as is so far tho!!

BobbyA

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (PRL Stage 1, Hondata FlashPro, PRL Flex Fuel e85, HardRace Rear Mount, Megan Racing Strut Bar) Wish List: PRL Catted Downpipe, Eibach Pro Springs Kit, Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood & Trunk.
Country flag

n9GN96q.jpg

llBDEjA.jpg

JuL9tkV.jpg

MhPTKrk.jpg

Throw some D's on that!!! (j/k) Looks very nice & congrats!!

OP
OP
sgtmorph

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Throw some D's on that!!! (j/k) Looks very nice & congrats!!
Lol thanks!
This is the first Si I actually wouldnā€™t mind just keeping the wheels stock tbh ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
Sprinkle in a pro-kit to get rid of some wheel gap and Iā€™d be good :hmm: :thumbsup:

BobbyA

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (PRL Stage 1, Hondata FlashPro, PRL Flex Fuel e85, HardRace Rear Mount, Megan Racing Strut Bar) Wish List: PRL Catted Downpipe, Eibach Pro Springs Kit, Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood & Trunk.
Country flag
Lol thanks!
This is the first Si I actually wouldnā€™t mind just keeping the wheels stock tbh ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
Sprinkle in a pro-kit to get rid of some wheel gap and Iā€™d be good :hmm: :thumbsup:
Yep, I'm keeping my wheels stock too, like them alot - Honda did alot of research/work when the picked these - they are right for the car.