bought a 2017 civic hatchback sport

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought my 2017 civic hatchback sport last week so far i'm loving the car but have a few questions.
1st its been a long time since i drive a car manual transmission but I notice at times when i shift i can hear the shifter make a odd sound ( not grinding but cant explain it) not sure if its normal or not

#2 I like to mod the car a bit but not sure what can be done and not void the warranty like the car to be more sporty :)

#3 is there a way around the throttle hang i read that all the cars have it but man it makes me feel like i'm just driving the car wrong as if i'm not letting off the gas while i'm shifting gears

#4 how many miles would you guys consider to be a good break in point for the motor

there was a lot more i wanted to ask but my mind went blank once i started to type all this lol
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1.) Hard to say
2.) Ktuner programmer works wonders, whether it maintains warranty or not is questionable
3.) Ktuner
4.) 600 miles per the manual if I recall correctly

OP
OP

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so they don't honor their warranty very well? was kinda surprised the warranty is very short think it was 35k miles if i remember right

J3T

First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
I actually asked my service advisor about flashing my car, she said as long as I don’t fry it she’ll take care of it.
Oh and of course as soon as an aftermarket down pipe touches my turbo ( exhaust is fine ) bye Byers warranty.

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
I would be very wary of someone who says they will "take care of it". Usually people like that have a "i dont remember saying that" or "thats not what I meant". Get it in writing somehow to back yourself up because if sh*t hits the fan, you dont want to be arguing your point.

Partinrn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6mt
Is the sound you hear when shifting coming from the shifter area itself and is it a pronounced “thud” sound? Get Hondata or Ktuner for more power and rev hang issues. The only issue I have with mine is the radio, but I believe you can go to a reputable audio shop and they can replace it. I broke mine in for ~600 and it pulls quite hard for such a small engine.
Sponsored