Slimer the Civic Si
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI EGP Coupe, 2017 Honda Accord EX-L V6, 1998 Plymouth Neon ACR sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ordered one for our EGP Si this week. Personally, I'd have it painted to match the car, but my wife likes it as red, so it will stay as red.

JSPeruzzi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI sedan / 2018 Accord Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
08F01-TEA-181 SPLR, FR. UB *R513*

I show good availability for that spoiler, and have not seen any official communication from AHM stating it has been pulled from the accessory list. I will say this, it IS NOT listed in the parts catalog, and dealers will have to access the part numbers from info bulletin A17-0003 for Si Coupe, and A17-0004 for Si Sedan. Labor time should not be anymore than 1 hour for install. I keep one on the shelf at all times, they sell well.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
my dealer couldn't find it anywhere for my Si Coupe. So I pulled up the part number on College Hills Honda's website. They then pulled a 2018 HFP catalog and sure enough, there it was

jaydubz79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
How is there such a disconnect between Honda, their marketing and their dealer networks?

I had a similar occurrence and I just stood there and stared blankly at the parts manager as he told me "That must be a CTR part and Honda told us not to sell them to anyone but CTR owners..." (in reference to the Civic Si lip)

*Which by the way really should have been offered in body color finishes. Red is a bit out there and too much of a warm color on a white or gray car. IMO.

Last edited:

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
*Which by the way really should have been offered in body color finishes. Red is a bit out there and too much of a warm color on a white or gray car. IMO.
I saw pictures and I for one like the look of the red lip on a grey car.

Problem is the installation a but too instructive. Not sure if I want to drill holes in my 3-month old car. Also, I did see a red lip in the mall and it did not look too integrated to the bumper but I was not sure if it was an OE piece.

JSPeruzzi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How is there such a disconnect between Honda, their marketing and their dealer networks?

I had a similar occurrence and I just stood there and stared blankly at the parts manager as he told me "That must be a CTR part and Honda told us not to sell them to anyone by CTR owners..." (in reference to the Civic Si lip)

I will not defend them, but I will say this, there is A LOT of information that goes with a new product update or release. And with a network of 1400-1500 dealers, and a smallish crew handling marketing (around 50-60 if I remember), something is bound to slip thru the cracks.

AS far as other dealers not knowing that the product exists, that is poor training on the part of the dealer. This is why Honda pushes the information bulletins to us months or weeks before a product launch, so that we can be familiar with the lineup. HFP parts are not a huge seller in the grand scheme of all things Honda, so alot of dealers just don't bother to learn the product, hence blank stares and being told its not available/discontinued. And it's red to make it stand out a little (read; A LOT) against the color spectrum, I personally love it on my Lunar Silver Si.

Last thing, about CTR parts, I can sell you any CTR parts you want if you got the cash. Honda never said anything to any dealer about selling them only to CTR owners, that is just a lazy parts manager not taking your inquiry seriously.

JSPeruzzi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I saw pictures and I for one like the look of the red lip on a grey car.

Problem is the installation a but too instructive. Not sure if I want to drill holes in my 3-month old car. Also, I did see a red lip in the mall and it did not look too integrated to the bumper but I was not sure if it was an OE piece.
Offering the lip in all body colors would have driven the price up to the end consumer, as now the factory has to retool the robots to spray each individual color. Not to mention individual part numbers, and the fact that some colors will not be as popular, creating obsolescence.

JSPeruzzi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You Sir.. sound like you know what you are talking about.
Just passed my 20 year mark with Honda, and I am an enthusiast as well. I take pride in my knowledge, and I am always happy to assist. It kills me that people have the perceptions they do about dealerships, and my crew works hard to break all of those negative perceptions. Thank you for the compliment!

HarlowQuinn

First Name
Harlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Bottom red lip for SI Coupe 9C9C6F66-81BB-4FF4-BA1D-283C4DD88255
Honda Civic 10th gen Bottom red lip for SI Coupe 29693DB8-FE31-4FA3-BD7C-3D36BF833ED3
The dealership where I bought my car installed mine and actually to my amazement did a really good job and actually didn’t charge me for the labor because they were trying to sweeten the deal I guess. I said to my amazement because their service department are completely inept and careless at virtually everything that you do, but before I even committed to the car I had to see all of the accessories installed first. To be honest I actually like the way the red looks, at least on the green, but because the SI logos are read it kind of sets them off but when I do get around to it I’m actually going to have it plastic wrapped in purple since green and purple on my favorite combination of colors.

rushwal

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pics of it on the Lunar Silver please! :D

I will not defend them, but I will say this, there is A LOT of information that goes with a new product update or release. And with a network of 1400-1500 dealers, and a smallish crew handling marketing (around 50-60 if I remember), something is bound to slip thru the cracks.

AS far as other dealers not knowing that the product exists, that is poor training on the part of the dealer. This is why Honda pushes the information bulletins to us months or weeks before a product launch, so that we can be familiar with the lineup. HFP parts are not a huge seller in the grand scheme of all things Honda, so alot of dealers just don't bother to learn the product, hence blank stares and being told its not available/discontinued. And it's red to make it stand out a little (read; A LOT) against the color spectrum, I personally love it on my Lunar Silver Si.

Last thing, about CTR parts, I can sell you any CTR parts you want if you got the cash. Honda never said anything to any dealer about selling them only to CTR owners, that is just a lazy parts manager not taking your inquiry seriously.

lowrysam

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (Black) w/ HFP package
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I found the fitment to be outstanding on mine. I was charged one hour for labor. They took longer, but only because it was their first time installing it and they wanted to make sure it was done right. I couldn't argue with that. I Don't know why it would be discontinued. I've looked at it and it really seems like a simple piece. And it hasn't affected my MPG at all.
Honda Civic 10th gen Bottom red lip for SI Coupe 20180212_220531
Sponsored