mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I start this thread because of conflict information from my dealership and from the other thread on “Front Underbody Spoiler”.

I talked to my local dealership today and they told me that since the red bottom lip is not available in their catalogue, they cannot guarantee fitment. They would install it for an hour of labour but I am concerned that it is not a direct fit.

Can a SI coupe member post pictures of this red front lip on his (her) car?
Sponsored

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I think the lip looks great but I wouldn't want the front of my car any lower.

RiceFingaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
AutoNation Honda in Valencia, CA did the install. Instructions are posted on the main Honda website. I attached it as well. Hopefully this helps you out because the dealership didn't want to install it at first because there was no official set of instructions for install on the coupe.

Honda Civic 10th gen Bottom red lip for SI Coupe 20180127_114226

Attachments

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
AutoNation Honda in Valencia, CA did the install. Instructions are posted on the main Honda website. I attached it as well. Hopefully this helps you out because the dealership didn't want to install it at first because there was no official set of instructions for install on the coupe.
Thanks for your response.

I am not sure I understand your response. Did you mean that the instructions on the Honda site are not intended for the coupe?

BTW. Do you have a SI Coupe? I cannot see from your picture.

RiceFingaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When i first bought the car, which when it was finally released, there was no instructions on how to install the front spoiler. They sold me the part with labor fee (when you go through the list of options at the dealer). Those several months they said they couldn't install it because the was no official instructions for the coupe and it would be a legal issue if they installed it and something happened. So i go the part from the dealer and was never refunded the labor cost.

Several months down the road (3 weeks ago), Honda posted the instructions for the coupe and called the dealer to install it. They were hesitant at first because they couldn't find the instructions. But i showed it to them.

If the dealer installs it, i recommend that you ask them to use the push pins (like the ones found in the hood) to secure it instead of the zip tie like clips it comes with.

Honda Civic 10th gen Bottom red lip for SI Coupe 20180204_161521

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When i first bought the car, which when it was finally released, there was no instructions on how to install the front spoiler. They sold me the part with labor fee (when you go through the list of options at the dealer). Those several months they said they couldn't install it because the was no official instructions for the coupe and it would be a legal issue if they installed it and something happened. So i go the part from the dealer and was never refunded the labor cost.

Several months down the road (3 weeks ago), Honda posted the instructions for the coupe and called the dealer to install it. They were hesitant at first because they couldn't find the instructions. But i showed it to them.

If the dealer installs it, i recommend that you ask them to use the push pins (like the ones found in the hood) to secure it instead of the zip tie like clips it comes with.

20180204_161521.jpg
When I see this picture, all I can think of is this......:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Honda Civic 10th gen Bottom red lip for SI Coupe download

Bkunz02

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Smoky Mountain Edition

20180204_161521.jpg
I just bought an '18 SI coupe and they won't let me add the part to the deal because apparently Honda's engineers found something wrong with it and discontinued it. I guess the dealership has been dealing with this for a couple months now because the front lip is posted all over the web, in the brochures, on Honda's website, etc. I was toying between this lip and an aftermarket, so I guess the aftermarket it is! Super disappointing though, and I'm really curious to know what the engineering issue is with the part to be yanked the way that they did it (not as aerodynamic as they said it would be, decreases gas mileage???)

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Someone is filling some of yall with bologna then. This part does fit the SI and the instructions are out there and available. I have it installed on mine (dealerships gave me crap too) and many others have it installed. Just take it to a bodyshop. It's easy to install if someone knows how to read instructions and has the tools.

I just bought an '18 SI coupe and they won't let me add the part to the deal because apparently Honda's engineers found something wrong with it and discontinued it. I guess the dealership has been dealing with this for a couple months now because the front lip is posted all over the web, in the brochures, on Honda's website, etc. I was toying between this lip and an aftermarket, so I guess the aftermarket it is! Super disappointing though, and I'm really curious to know what the engineering issue is with the part to be yanked the way that they did it (not as aerodynamic as they said it would be, decreases gas mileage???)

Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag

20180204_161521.jpg
How much did they charge you?

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I asked my dealership and they said an hour labour.

I saw one in a parking lot (black, so probably not the same). Looking at it closeby, the lip did not look integrated to the body at all.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Who is this guy? Looks CLEAN. Can’t wait to get those thermals installed. Woo woooooo

Installed at the dealer also. Had mine painted to match .

20171226_151521.jpg

20171226_151614.jpg

Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
Installed at the dealer also. Had mine painted to match .

20171226_151521.jpg

20171226_151614.jpg
WOW.. The lip looks MUCH better with it color matched.

Did you have the dealer paint it?

Last edited:

RiceFingaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How much did they charge you?
It was an add on option when i bought the car. Unfortunately i don't have the itinerary to look it up due to my tax guy working on my taxes at this time.
Sponsored