JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
So a few months ago I posted about the Borla Type S exhaust for my 17 Hatch Sport. Great sounding exhaust, highly recommended. Now since installing the exhaust I've loved driving with the windows down, hearing it echo and bounce off of buildings around town. Being the driver this is really the only way to get a feeling of what it sounds like. That and parking garages. People told me it was loud but to me sitting in front of it I couldn't tell just how loud it was. So naturally I wanted more. I wanted to be able to hear just how loud it was. So last week I ordered the RV6 front and catted downpipe, and today I installed it. First thought that went through my head after ripping out the OE front pipe was just how massive the RV6 one is in comparison. The construction is super high quality. I opened it last night and spent a good 10 minutes just admiring it. It's almost a full inch larger in diameter than the OE front pipe. After installing the whole thing and firing it up, it still had the Borla sound I loved to hear but it was about 3 times louder. My car is VERY LOUD now, I'm kinda worried it might be too loud lol. My friend got some short sound clips for SnapChat so I apologize for the orientation and shortness of them. The downpipe and front pipe really open everything up. There is drone now on the highway but nothing some loud music won't drown out. All in all I am happy, I am concerned my neighbors will hate me, but if you're looking to make your car waaaay louder this is definitely an option. I will try and get some better sounds clips in the coming week or so and will post them as soon as I can
Sponsored

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The Borla catback does sound good by itself. But almost any catback paired with a 3" downpipe will be loud on this platform.

I agree that the RV6 catted dp/fp combo is a thing of beauty! I just got mine delivered a few days ago and can't wait to install! 99% keeping my stock catback, though. I just want a tad bit more noise and power.

Honda Civic 10th gen Borla Type S with RV6 Front/ Catted Downpipe combo 20210404_183731

OP
OP
JasNeo

JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
The Borla catback does sound good by itself. But almost any catback paired with a 3" downpipe will be loud on this platform.

I agree that the RV6 catted dp/fp combo is a thing of beauty! I just got mine delivered a few days ago and can't wait to install! 99% keeping my stock catback, though. I just want a tad bit more noise and power.

20210404_183731.jpg
I had thought about doing just the downpipe rather than both cause I wasn't sure just how loud it would be. Kinda wish I had tried that first lol. I'm interested to see how that will sound with the stock exhaust tho. If you get a chance post some clips after the install

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I had thought about doing just the downpipe rather than both cause I wasn't sure just how loud it would be. Kinda wish I had tried that first lol. I'm interested to see how that will sound with the stock exhaust tho. If you get a chance post some clips after the install
There is nearly no noticeable difference when replacing the front pipe or leaving it stock once you have a downpipe. I did just the down pipe on both my Si and Type R, then later did the front pipe. On both cars I could barely hear any difference. I think you will get use to your exhaust, most of the time it's really the drone that you're hearing that is too loud.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
There is nearly no noticeable difference when replacing the front pipe or leaving it stock once you have a downpipe. I did just the down pipe on both my Si and Type R, then later did the front pipe. On both cars I could barely hear any difference. I think you will get use to your exhaust, most of the time it's really the drone that you're hearing that is too loud.
I think OP means DP+FP alone vs DP+FP+aftermarket catback

I'm sure there will be a difference in exhaust tone after swapping out DP+FP, but keeping factory catback alone. I'll know soon enough! Lol

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think OP means DP+FP alone vs DP+FP+aftermarket catback

I'm sure there will be a difference in exhaust tone after swapping out DP+FP, but keeping factory catback alone. I'll know soon enough! Lol
The stock exhaust sounds awful with a catless downpipe, kinda raspy and it makes the exhaust sound like it's wheezing lol. Looks like you went catted though so I am guessing it will still be fairly quiet, if you like an OEM plus type of sound I'd strongly suggest a stock CTR exhaust.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The stock exhaust sounds awful with a catless downpipe, kinda raspy and it makes the exhaust sound like it's wheezing lol. Looks like you went catted though so I am guessing it will still be fairly quiet, if you like an OEM plus type of sound I'd strongly suggest a stock CTR exhaust.
Yup, I went with RV6's 3"catted DP+FP combo. I've been keeping an eye open for local CTR catbacks for sale! Ppl are hesitant to ship them.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yup, I went with RV6's 3"catted DP+FP combo. I've been keeping an eye open for local CTR catbacks for sale! Ppl are hesitant to ship them.
Heck I'd ship mine, lol but it really ruins the deal for the buyer in most cases. I really only want $200 for my exhaust but when you have to pay shipping you might end up paying $100+ more just to ship it. Shame you're not local

OP
OP
JasNeo

JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
how was the drone with this setup if any? i have a catless downpipe on the stock exhaust, looking to get a catback with no drone.
Drone was pretty bad compared to the exhaust setup I have now on my Si. You can drown it out with some loud music but other than that the drone is quite noticeable. I had a catted downpipe so I can only imagine how bad it would be with a catless one. I don't think there is a such thing as a drone less catback with a catless downpipe. The exhaust I would look into would be the 27Won exhaust, as they state that theirs has been specially engineered to eliminate drone in specific areas of the rev range. That's the one I was originally going to go with but went a different route based off of pricing

YellowShinobi77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Drone was pretty bad compared to the exhaust setup I have now on my Si. You can drown it out with some loud music but other than that the drone is quite noticeable. I had a catted downpipe so I can only imagine how bad it would be with a catless one. I don't think there is a such thing as a drone less catback with a catless downpipe. The exhaust I would look into would be the 27Won exhaust, as they state that theirs has been specially engineered to eliminate drone in specific areas of the rev range. That's the one I was originally going to go with but went a different route based off of pricing
Thanks for the reply! Yeah I’ve been trying to get my hands on one but people aren’t willing to sell them. I’m probably gonna just install an extra resonator in my exhaust to combat it then. Thank you.
Sponsored