seankizzu

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I recently had a borla catback exhaust on my civic hatchback. When Im WOT at around 5k rpms a whistle like noise starts and I'm just wondering if that's normal.
Sponsored

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Not at all. I would check all of the exhaust couplers to make sure there is no leak.

OP
OP
seankizzu

seankizzu

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Not at all. I would check all of the exhaust couplers to make sure there is no leak.
I have done that unfortunately. I tightened them a week after it was installed. They're all at 35 ft/lbs too. I'm thinking maybe a ring gasket that could be bad?

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I have done that unfortunately. I tightened them a week after it was installed. They're all at 35 ft/lbs too. I'm thinking maybe a ring gasket that could be bad?
That could be a possibility. If possible, can you jack up the car and try to replicate the sound? Have someone rev the engine up to 5k and stand behind the car to see if you can pin point where the whistling sound is coming from.

OP
OP
seankizzu

seankizzu

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
That could be a possibility. If possible, can you jack up the car and try to replicate the sound? Have someone rev the engine up to 5k and stand behind the car to see if you can pin point where the whistling sound is coming from.
I wish the only problem is that the car has a rev limiter of 4k when in Neutral. I have an idea of where the sound is coming from. It's sounds like it right under the car where the shifter is. That's where the downpipe meets the head of the exhaust.

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I wish the only problem is that the car has a rev limiter of 4k when in Neutral. I have an idea of where the sound is coming from. It's sounds like it right under the car where the shifter is. That's where the downpipe meets the head of the exhaust.
Double check that coupler, it may be damaged or slightly off, allowing a small leak.

You can also take it to an exhaust shop. I’m sure those guys may be able to figure out if you have any exhaust leaks.

OP
OP
seankizzu

seankizzu

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Double check that coupler, it may be damaged or slightly off, allowing a small leak.

You can also take it to an exhaust shop. I’m sure those guys may be able to figure out if you have any exhaust leaks.
Thanks man I really appreciate it. Have a happy 4th bro

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Of course, brotha! Best of luck and happy 4th!
Sponsored