Average Joeee

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Dumb question but I shouldnt build boost under 3k rpms right, or at least not try to? Newer to Turbo cars lol.
Sponsored

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
these cars have a lot of torque in the lower bands; the motor will get you up to speed in normal casual driving without needing boost. If you're putting some umph into it, I'd stay in the higher rev range as much as possible, or keep the throttle off the floor until you are. I try to keep the tach above 3-4k when I'm WOT

OP
OP
Average Joeee

Average Joeee

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Lately ive been driving with sport mode on and idk it sounds and feels alot better than regular driving other than the stiffness of the suspension and when I turn it back into non sport it just feels like shit to me idk if thats normal.

OP
OP
Average Joeee

Average Joeee

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
i do 3500, my clutch will slip if im lower in 3rd and 4th
When im not in sport mode it takes forever to get to 3500 without going over 0 boost in 3rd gear. Also note that im im full stock besides intake got the MAP air intake.

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If you're dipping that low in 3rd, try running in 2nd until you can upshift into 3rd and land in a higher RPM. For 3rd gear pulls, you'll just have to feather the throttle if you don't want clutch slippage, especially if you're full bolt ons and/or flex fuel.

swampm0nsta

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
If you have an aggressive boost ramp you will build boost lower in the rev range. You can only enable that with a tuner and you can change it as well. You won't build a bunch of boost atleast not enough to ruin your engine unless you're going WOT at 2-3k often.
Sponsored