Boost not building after intercooler upgrade

vnp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Ex
Country flag
Title.

Installed PRL Intercooler and charge pipe today and while driving I was only getting up to 4psi of boost and my k.cont is at 1.3 constantly. Running Phearable 1.5R tune. Not sure if I need to recheck the charge pipes or anything else that might had happen during the install.
Sponsored

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan / 04’ CRV EX 5MT
Country flag
Boost leak, check your clamps..

OP
OP
vnp

vnp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Ex
Country flag
Thank guys, one of the side clamps did come unloose. Car k.count went down and boost is building back to normal, but it my IAT suppose to be 20° over ambient temp after installing an intercooler?

Civii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Thank guys, one of the side clamps did come unloose. Car k.count went down and boost is building back to normal, but it my IAT suppose to be 20° over ambient temp after installing an intercooler?
You’ll notice your IAT2 drop when you actually push the car. Idle or cruising won’t be much of a change. Once you get air hitting the intercooler you’ll notice.

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
My IAT at the intake manifold is 20 over ambient when cruising around as well. Drops when I get on the gas more. IAT pre turbo is 5 over ambient usually.

Guitar_stitch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI, 2006 Honda Element, 2006 Chevy Express
Country flag
IAT is getting heat soaked after the IC from the engine heat. Time for gold tape.

Civii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Any recommendations on brands? I thought the intercooler would help with the heatsoak lol
It still does help. You can wrap the charge pipes after the IC but I don’t think it would be a huge difference. I think your IC is working fine. My charged air temps are about equal to ambient or lower. Before the IC, they would be significantly higher than ambient. Keep in mind, this is when my pushing the car. If I’m idling or slow cruising it’s still higher.

OP
OP
vnp

vnp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Ex
Country flag
It still does help. You can wrap the charge pipes after the IC but I don’t think it would be a huge difference. I think your IC is working fine. My charged air temps are about equal to ambient or lower. Before the IC, they would be significantly higher than ambient. Keep in mind, this is when my pushing the car. If I’m idling or slow cruising it’s still higher.
Gotcha, was just weird seeing my IAT being 20° over since before installing the intercooler it would always be 6-8° over ambient. I did notice when accelerating that the IAT would drop 2° but would raise again after cruising.
Sponsored