Zoline

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey everyone, New here and slowly getting better at moding cars but I made a mistake and was wondering if anyone could guide me in the right direction

I installed the PRL titanium inlet tube this weekend and ended up accidently snapping the bolt off inside the Turbo, I removed the turbo from the car and got it out and re-tapped the holes, everything went back in, tight, and together nice and easy. When I went on a test drive everything sounded good until I really gave it some gas, the build up sounds weaker, won't build boost past 10-11 PSI ( Before it would hit 20-22), and the blow out valve sounds weaker after letting off the gas at high RPM. It holds the boost at 11, doesn't feel any extra turbo lag, and It has not thrown any CEL codes at all. I checked all the clamps and hoses and they are all secure. I re-flashed the tune and re - flashed it back to Factory to see if that helped and got nothing.

I am going to try and Carefully put back the factory inlet pipe and see if that returns it to normal but I'm doubtful because if there was a crack / hole / leak it would throw a CEL code right ?
Any Advice on what to check next if that doesn't help ?

Thanks! Let me know if any pictures or other information that would help.
Sponsored

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
there honestly isn’t too much that can go wrong or leak with the inlet I say just take it off and re tighten everything. Maybe there’s a missing clamp or bolt you missed somewhere

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
are you talking about the downpipe? I don't see how you can break a bolt for the inlet in turbo. Is your wastegate plugged in? Maybe it isn't set correctly now.

OP
OP
Zoline

Zoline

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I was rushing and snapped the bolt in half on the cold side connecting the end of the inlet pipe elbow. Yesterday, I ran a smoke test and you were right, I forgot to reclamp the the small metal clamp good enough on the bottom waste gate hose, and it popped right off. I was luckily able to get it back on with some long hemostats and didn't have to take anything off. But we're back to my 25 PSI of boost and no CEL. So we're good !!

Strange how it didn't throw any CEL for the leak either that's what throw me off. I only drove for about an hour to test it so maybe i should've drove it around more and it would have popped up.

Thanks you all !

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yeah I forgot to plug that in once and got a light, surprised you didn’t

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello @Zoline and welcome to the FK8 platform and civicx.

Sorry I didn’t see this earlier, but glad you were successful in resolving the issue.

Please check out this link if into DIY modding and maintenance.

There’s a clickable table of contents at the bottom of the first post that cover a variety of step by step photo walkthroughs that may be helpful to the cause ;)
Sponsored