First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
HI

I tried looking at the datalog to see if there was a boost leak. But honestly, am not experienced in reading the logs. I am hoping someone here can take a look and let me know if it looks like i have a leak somewhere. The highest I ever read on the dash was 8psi, but then again am not that agressive. But i feel like it should be posting more. Any help is appreciated.

2020 CTR
Sponsored

Attachments

Hatchi

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Prius, 2020 BBP CTR
Country flag
HI

I tried looking at the datalog to see if there was a boost leak. But honestly, am not experienced in reading the logs. I am hoping someone here can take a look and let me know if it looks like i have a leak somewhere. The highest I ever read on the dash was 8psi, but then again am not that agressive. But i feel like it should be posting more. Any help is appreciated.

2020 CTR

I'm fairly new too, however with some quick studying there's a Boost Pressure Command metric (BP CMD) and I believe (take with a grain of salt) this is a measurement of how much boost the ecu is "asking for" to achieve the torque value requested by the throttle.

If you look at that, you're never really commanding anything over 8psi. You hit about 40% pedal travel tops, and in my opinion after driving for a while, that's not a lot of boost. You gotta really open that shit up to command ~24psi.

tl;dr:
Doesn't matter how much up in the RPM's you are, if you aren't on the throttle hard, you're essentially still just low boost until you tell the car to give you more with a little ~foot action~. Once you're past 3500 RPM, flat foot will give you full boost, "half foot" will not give you much.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You're barely even getting on the throttle. Even if there was a boost leak it'd be hard to tell at such low throttle input, but fuel trims look normal so I doubt it.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You don't have a boost leak. I mean you barely were giving it throttle. You were hitting your boost targets but your targets were very low. With the throttle at 25-35% your aren't going to be seeing high boost numbers.

In other words, say you were got near WOT and commanding 20 psi, but were only seeing 8 psi, that's likely a leak. But if you are commanding 6 psi and seeing 6 psi, that's not. You're just driving a bit like grandma. :cool:

While I'm here in the R section, if any of you haven't added your car to my community tuning reliabilty thread, it would be great if you did. Thanks.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ence-reliability-thread-for-all-models.42361/
Sponsored

Last edited: