First Name
Keron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017 , BMW 330xi 09
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I recently installed a Maperformance Catted Downpipe . The first thing I noticed is that the O2 sensor cable wasnt long enough to fit wtihout having to unclip the O2 connector . Secondly my car felt slower but it was still building boost. Today on my way to work , I was trying past a car and i floored it and it took forever to build 14 psi . I am on a 23PSI MAP . I am going to a hobby shop after work today to essentially reinstall and inspect the downpipe. My question being that this is the only thing that has chnaged, could I have blown the turbo or is this a boost leak due the downpipe not being torqued properly ? Or has anyone ever had this problem before ?
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I recently installed a Maperformance Catted Downpipe . The first thing I noticed is that the O2 sensor cable wasnt long enough to fit wtihout having to unclip the O2 connector . Secondly my car felt slower but it was still building boost. Today on my way to work , I was trying past a car and i floored it and it took forever to build 14 psi . I am on a 23PSI MAP . I am going to a hobby shop after work today to essentially reinstall and inspect the downpipe. My question being that this is the only thing that has chnaged, could I have blown the turbo or is this a boost leak due the downpipe not being torqued properly ? Or has anyone ever had this problem before ?
Might just be a boost leak, no way a dp destroyed your turbo.. if anything it should alleviate the constraints on the turbo since it’s more free flowing. Might just be a bad gasket or seal or like you said not torqued down correctly. Did you install a new gasket? If not I would buy one from Honda. Doesn’t hurt though to check the tubing of the intercooler as well, could have caused a boost leak there (more than likely not but doesn’t hurt to check)

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I dont see how that could cause a boost leak seeing as how the turbine side doesnt actually force any air in into the engine, it drives the compressor which builds boost. Say the downpipe was off, the exhaust gases would still be spinning the the turbine wheel.

I would say you check your charge pipe connections. Make sure everything is still secure. From the compressor outlet/hot side of the intercooler, to the cold side and intake manifold.

You could also try re flashing to stock and see if it's still having a hard time building boost. This way you'll at least know for sure if something mechanical.

Also, this may be a stupid question, but what gear and at what rpm did you floor it at?

Chandler92

First Name
Chandler Boyer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic si
Country flag
Having the same issues. Running super rich after installing map downpipe
Sponsored